New feature: Library submenu
boxterduke Wrote:I downloaded the latest version that it on github but I don't get any submenu?
Do I need to enable anything first?
NVM, got it to work, I was downloading the master and not Auriga.

Now my question is, anyone has a mod for changed weather conditions that work for Auriga. I want to use djh's sub menu and changed weather conditions.

Thanks
Well i finally managed to get genreposters to show using djh's new submenu took quite a bit of work seeing as i know little about codeing and no help from the forums.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Sorry wrong thread!
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
djh_ Wrote:To be honest - and while I have huge respect for CF's mod - I won't be busting a gut to mimic its features just yet. Losing the RSS feed for the brief seconds it takes to select a submenu option isn't an issue, imo, while genre fanart isn't something I'd have considered until further down the line. A better option would be for someone to update CF's mod to work around (or replace) the Aeon submenu, giving you all the functionality you're after.
Actually, I mind that the RSS is hidden when the submenu is shown and I don't it's a matter of "mimicking" the features of CF's mod. I mean, I think that adding a feature (submenu) shouldn't remove a previous one (rss feed), that's all.

This bothered me (I though it wasn't going to but I hadn't tried it yet when I said it didn't bothered me) because I have the rss feed in the bottom of the screen and there's no reason to hide it if I show the submenu. I understand that it needs to be hidden if it's snapped to the main menu, otherwise they will overlap, but not if the feed is on the bottom of the screen.

If you use the RSS feed in the bottom and don't want it to hide when the submenus are shown, replace line 352 in Includes_Furniture.xml with:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(lowerrss) + system.getbool(lookandfeel.enablerssfeeds)</visible>

Maybe this should be added to Auriga? Just a thought...
paul Wrote:Well i finally managed to get genreposters to show using djh's new submenu took quite a bit of work seeing as i know little about codeing and no help from the forums.

Could you enlighten? I'm trying to get this working without success so far Sad
Would it be possible to add plugins to the submenu? I ask because now I need to enable "up" (the .. item) to get to plugins (I don't think there is another way to get there, if there is, please tell me). Up really annoys me, it doesn't play nice with XBMC and Aeon. For example, when in movies you need to highlight a movie if you want "update library" to appear in the options menu. Another example, when using stripshow in pictures and having up highlighted Aeon tries to show the picture and some info witch of course results in a black screen.
Sora Wrote:Would it be possible to add plugins to the submenu? I ask because now I need to enable "up" (the .. item) to get to plugins (I don't think there is another way to get there, if there is, please tell me). Up really annoys me, it doesn't play nice with XBMC and Aeon. For example, when in movies you need to highlight a movie if you want "update library" to appear in the options menu. Another example, when using stripshow in pictures and having up highlighted Aeon tries to show the picture and some info witch of course results in a black screen.

And "Files" plz.
nemrod95 Wrote:No, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles is stopped. What a pity !

one of the writers and actors have rubbished that rumor
Vorm Wrote:Could you enlighten? I'm trying to get this working without success so far Sad
Ah sorry unless your using a version of auriga before multiplex was introduced then it won't work, it looks like theres no simple solution to getting genreposters to work with auriga any more. i fail to see why it's not a feature of the skin itself in my oppinion.Eek
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Ah sorry unless your using a version of auriga before multiplex was introduced then it won't work, it looks like theres no simple solution to getting genreposters to work with auriga any more. i fail to see why it's not a feature of the skin itself in my oppinion.Eek

Ahh, OK. Thanks for the reply.

Will just have to wait for some clever so-an'-so to sort it out for us Big Grin
theotocopulitos Wrote:I love the submenus integration...

However, I'd love to see it displaying video playlists instead of "genre / director / actor"... ok, one usually says "I'm in the mood for a comedy or for kick-a@@ action film", but it is more like: "children's time", or "how about a classic"...?

Mostly because the "genre" tag is many times too loosely defined by different scrapers (you can have, for instance, "science fiction" as scifi, sci-fi, sf, scifiction... and many movies have way too many genre tags, so I feel the genre view rather useless, since it's so cluttered).

So, back to my initial point. Are you planning to support playlists in Aeon, and most of all, include in submenus?

I have to strongly agree with theotocopulitos. This would be a very helpful solution over genre / director /actor etc. I'm not saying drop those submenus but have an option to use smartplaylists as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New feature: Library submenu0