• 2(current)
MediaReader - Media Manager & NFO Generator (Open Source Java cross-platform support)
Servers down. Any mirrors for this?

Nevermind, Backup
I'm going to give this a try tonight. I'm sick of dual booting just for a media manager.

Any idea how it will react to folders that were already setup by MIP? Will it just overwrite all of the .tbn, .nfo, files?
Thumbs Up 
I just posted the latest version of Media Reader (XBMC enhanced scraper and editor). Get it here.

Here is a bit of the change log:

- Addition of bulk update (Ctrl-N 'Process New' file menu item). The list of directories to scan is in the profile.

- Addition of File cleanup, i.e. delete of all .nfo, .tbn and .jpg files in the profile path(s). Just in case you want to ditch all existing information and start from scratch. Note that Media Reader will first gather a list of all files to be deleted and then prompt you.

- Addition of Lobo browser. If a movie is not found or is not properly identified by Media Reader it can drop you into this multi-platform browser and you can pick the correct movie straight off IMDB.

- Addition if IMPA support. Right now only parsing and localization. Not sure how that would fit into XBMC. With this Media Reader now support thetvdb, themoviedb, IMDB and IMPA.

- Addition of in-place editing.

- Automatic TV directory structure creation. Read Readme2.txt

- Addition of movie playback in many locations of the code. Should make it easier to identify misclassifications. Note: The 'Play' button will not even show up if you do not have a media player defined in your profile. It will be grayed out until you have selected something that can actually be played back. Even if you point to a TV episode or a movie it may still be grayed out if the target file is undefined or not there.

- Tons of bug fixes. From now on I will keep track of exactly what was fixed but for this version there was another major revamp.

- Audit trail for various functions presented at the end of processing.

- Smart duplicate handling, i.e. sequential renaming.

- Smart file rename and rescratch. The corresponding XBMC files are better tracked. This is a really neat function once you tried it out. You rename the file, it goes out, tries to find a match, you pop up the browser, select a third file and eventually everything will wind up neatly renamed and updated.

- Ability to delete the actual movie files when deleting it from the database. You will be explicitly prompted.

- A lot more visual cues about when Media Reader is working, i.e. a quick wait icon when it pulls in an image from the internet or refreshes and nfo file or any number of other things.
You say 0.9 is out but your download page only shows 0.4.
Smile 
I can't say thank you enough, I've been writing custom scripts to try and parse my file structure (been quite the pain in the a**), and trying to configure wine on a Linux box to properly run some of these media management tools that everyone is writing in dotnet is even worse!

This tool works quite well...it does batch processing, individual file processing, and handles both tv shows and movies! The only bug I've run into thus far has been a truncating error on some Movies on the rating tag which results in the nfo file not being written. I'd say this only has happened on a handful of movies out of about 700 in my library, so definitely not a show stopper.

Excellent job!
Hi! I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 and app seems to hang on some directories. How can I provide you with logs or any other useful info?

Thanks.
Ubuntu 9.10 - XBMC 9.11 Beta
ryleco Wrote:I gave it a shot and found a few problem using FC9. 1. I cannot resize the edit window causing it to display outside of the screen boundaries which means I can't get to the bottom of the page (buttons). 2. When I select movie art nothing shows up and I get an error message when running from the console. http://pastebin.com/m225f0b28

edit Also tv section does not work at all. The context menus do not show up.

Again thanks for the program very well could be the best media manager yet!
Hi,

a.) Could you post at the site forum. There is no permanent thread here adn I'd like to track for others there.

b.) Which version of MR are you running. 0.8x alpha was an alpha and had tons of bugs. If you are running anything lower, please get the latest first.
HexusOdy Wrote:You say 0.9 is out but your download page only shows 0.4.
Correct. 0.9 was an alpha. I hope to have a beta-ready 0.4 now. Please use this one. 0.9 had many, many problems. I used 0.4 to scan more than a thousand movies and episodes which means it is doing something right.

Also, please use the MR forum if you can.
davegregoire Wrote:Servers down. Any mirrors for this?
Nevermind, Backup

I am afraid not, so far. It's GoDaddy and slow at times. If it really catches on I might try something faster.
ryleco Wrote:I gave it a shot and found a few problem using FC9. 1. I cannot resize the edit window causing it to display outside of the screen boundaries which means I can't get to the bottom of the page (buttons). 2. When I select movie art nothing shows up and I get an error message when running from the console. http://pastebin.com/m225f0b28

edit Also tv section does not work at all. The context menus do not show up.

Again thanks for the program very well could be the best media manager yet!

Also, there are three independent edit windows, one for movies, one for TV series, one for TV episodes. Please let me know a bit more. I will look at the stack trace once I know what version you are running. (Well, I can tell what edit you are in).
rernst Wrote:Also, there are three independent edit windows, one for movies, one for TV series, one for TV episodes. Please let me know a bit more. I will look at the stack trace once I know what version you are running. (Well, I can tell what edit you are in).

I was running the 0.9 alpha . The edit window in question was the movie one could not get to the tv edit windows as the context menus for the tv stuff do not show up. For the edit window problem I have tried using open java as well as sun java with the same results.

EDIT
I just gave the 0.4 beta a try and it seems to have the same problems I stated earlier.
ryleco Wrote:I was running the 0.9 alpha . The edit window in question was the movie one could not get to the tv edit windows as the context menus for the tv stuff do not show up. For the edit window problem I have tried using open java as well as sun java with the same results.

EDIT
I just gave the 0.4 beta a try and it seems to have the same problems I stated earlier.
I will make the edit dialogs resizable in the next drop. Do you still not get the right-click options?
rernst Wrote:I will make the edit dialogs resizable in the next drop. Do you still not get the right-click options?

Yeah but only for the tv section context menus for movies work great with the exception of movie art button which doesn't seem to do anything.
ryleco Wrote:Yeah but only for the tv section context menus for movies work great with the exception of movie art button which doesn't seem to do anything.
You should be able to right-click on a series, on a season and an episode. I see context menus for all of them.

There is no context menu for art. Not sure what that would do. Would you want to add or remove artwork?
rernst Wrote:You should be able to right-click on a series, on a season and an episode. I see context menus for all of them.

There is no context menu for art. Not sure what that would do. Would you want to add or remove artwork?

I have tried right clicking on series, season and ep and nothing shows up. I assumed that the movie art button would allow me to change the art associated with the file. If this is not the case what should happen when I select movie art?

EDIT
I Just noticed when I run from the console there is a new error message on start up.

"May 19, 2009 11:38:35 AM org.lobobrowser.main.ExtensionManager createExtensions
WARNING: createExtensions(): Directory '/home/ryan/MediaReader/lib/ext' not found.
May 19, 2009 11:38:35 AM org.lobobrowser.main.ExtensionManager createExtensions
WARNING: createExtensions(): No extensions found. This is indicative of a setup error. Extension directories scanned are: [/home/ryan/MediaReader/lib/ext]."

Could this be the cause of my problems ??
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaReader - Media Manager & NFO Generator (Open Source Java cross-platform support)1