• 3(current)
MediaReader - Media Manager & NFO Generator (Open Source Java cross-platform support)
ryleco Wrote:I have tried right clicking on series, season and ep and nothing shows up. I assumed that the movie art button would allow me to change the art associated with the file. If this is not the case what should happen when I select movie art?

I will test this under FC.

You should see this:

(This is the Vista look).

The dialog really only lets you see all the artwork. I will put on the list to add and delete artwork.

Again, it would be cool if you could take it to the Media Reader forum as it, among other things, makes it less of a headache for me to insert images.
ryleco Wrote:I have tried right clicking on series, season and ep and nothing shows up. I assumed that the movie art button would allow me to change the art associated with the file. If this is not the case what should happen when I select movie art?

EDIT
I Just noticed when I run from the console there is a new error message on start up.

"May 19, 2009 11:38:35 AM org.lobobrowser.main.ExtensionManager createExtensions
WARNING: createExtensions(): Directory '/home/ryan/MediaReader/lib/ext' not found.
May 19, 2009 11:38:35 AM org.lobobrowser.main.ExtensionManager createExtensions
WARNING: createExtensions(): No extensions found. This is indicative of a setup error. Extension directories scanned are: [/home/ryan/MediaReader/lib/ext]."

Could this be the cause of my problems ??

No. This is Lobo who thinks that because I did not install any extensions that maybe it is missing something. I'll stick in one extension so it is happy.
rernst Wrote:No. This is Lobo who thinks that because I did not install any extensions that maybe it is missing something. I'll stick in one extension so it is happy.

Good to know I will open a topic on your forums outlining the problems I have encountered shortly.

Thanks again for a nice program.
Just released it. Due to an unforgivable mistake of mine (ahem) none of the context menus worked under Linux. The popup trigger is the left mouse button press under Linux whereas it is the right mouse button click under Windows. Basically none of the neat functions showed up.

If you are running Linux and you have looked at it and thought it wasn't all that great, give it another shot.

Get it here.

Use the forums there for support.
@rernst, please update and edit your existing thread instead of starting a new thread for each release, thanks!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well I've got it running on leopard, but it seems to have real trouble working out what movies I have

For example I have the following

Children Of Men (2006)/Children.of.Men.2006.1080p.bluray.dts.mkv

And it can't locate it. Plex finds it without any trouble....

Same with quite a few other movies. Really hope this app gets stable soon as it has real potential!
Changelog:

version history
0.44 beta

The code has gone through a good deal more testing. I made a major internal change by ditching the Lobo browser and switching to the gecko engine (mozSwing). This now brings flawless rendering (even flash plugins work which means I will add direct trailer preview). So here are the few details (albeit, they were notable internally):

- Switch to gecko engine. The code now includes all the Xulrunners for the gecko platforms, various Macs (PPC and i386, Linux, Solaris and Win32. The installer has grown fat but there is really nothing I can do about it besides splitting the distribution into six pieces. You can determine during installation what OS platforms you want to support, just the download is a bit heavy.

- I also added authorization for the installer under Vista. While you had to jump through some hoops to install into 'Program Files' with Vista, the installer now behaves like any other installer, prompting for authorization when UAC is turned on.

- Support for Rotten Tomatoes. When rick-clicking on a movie you can now opt to see the Rotten Tomatoes reviews. Due to the way the browser engine is integrated this is fairly quick, fetching a page under the coders and then redirecting you to the target page. The browser is really instantaneous, it is loaded asynchronously at program startup time and then merely popped up. However, because a page is fetched before the actual reviews are shown you still experience that delay. Still faster than if you would fire up whatever other browser you use.

- A few optical improvements. More icons.

- The search text on the main application panel is no longer case-sensitive.

I would really appreciate Mac feedback.

Get it here.
Gamester17 Wrote:@rernst, please update and edit your existing thread instead of starting a new thread for each release, thanks!

Smile
Running OS X 10.5.7 Leopard on a Mac Pro here and would love to test this for you....downloading it as I type Smile
Hi there , running 10.5.6 Leopard here and also got the same sad result as Soul stated..

It scans my Media-Folder but only prints "..can't locate it."

Maybe got some Problems with that extra Extensions (1080p, bluray , dts).
My Movie have those extensions too...
Got it working by changing to Java 1.6, and am currently scanning my Movie and TV Show collections.

Going to go and make a cup of coffee while it scans, I'll let you know how it does when I get back Smile
Hmmmm it's finished scanning and didn't pick up a single Movie or TV Show.....is it not using directory names for lookups?
On OSX 10.5.7 i get an error message if I want to browse the IMDB:

Could not initialize Webbrowser:

XULRunner Ordner: /Applications/Mediareader/xulrunner/macosx/xulrunner
Ordner für Profil: nicht benutzt
Platform: OSX
Java: 1.6.0_07-b06-57, Apple Inc.

--------------------------------------------------

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.mozilla.browser.MozillaConfig.setXULRunnerHome(MozillaConfig.java:47)
at org.mozilla.browser.MozillaInitialization.initialize(MozillaInitialization.java:94)
at org.mozilla.browser.MozillaWindow.<init>(MozillaWindow.java:146)
at org.mozilla.browser.MozillaWindow.<init>(MozillaWindow.java:116)
at common.Ut.initMozilla(Ut.java:40)
at mediareader.MediaReaderView.<init>(MediaReaderView.java:161)
at mediareader.MediaReaderApp.startup(MediaReaderApp.java:17)
at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:300)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:210)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:195)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:187)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
This basically doesn't seem to work under OS X unless you're using the exact naming convention that Media Reader is looking for. Shame really.
Is there no way to edit the regular expressions this thing uses to identify movies and match them up to what XBMC uses?
brave little meme loves you.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaReader - Media Manager & NFO Generator (Open Source Java cross-platform support)1