Quick Question...
Does anyone know of a lightweight and easy to use video player that can handle most codecs and also unzip on the fly?

Reason being I have a friend who's about to go into hospital so i'm gonna buy them a external HD and copy all my movies onto it with the intention that they can watch them on their laptop.

A lot of my movies are zipped and unzipping them will take forever. I've tested mplayer (standalone) but this can't play the zipped stuff.

If there isn't something suitable out there then I'll go with Windows XBMC but I just don't need all the extras that come with it as I want something as easy to use as possible.

Hope someone can help.

Acer Revo R3700, XBMC Darma on Windows 7 - Xbox with X3, X3CP & X3IR, XBMC as dash, Xbox v1.4, Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan Mod
you could try VLC videolan.org plays almost anything
I will try that tonight thanks, question is does it play zipped files and iso's etc?
Acer Revo R3700, XBMC Darma on Windows 7 - Xbox with X3, X3CP & X3IR, XBMC as dash, Xbox v1.4, Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan Mod
I have tried it with .rar , .iso, .img pretty much anything with video in it
Excellent, sounds like exactly what I'm after, thank you!
Can't play chunked zipped files unfortunately [*.r00 / *.r01 / *.r02 / etc]

:-(
try again with 9.04.beta1. there were changes to handle the extended local header present in some zip files.
davilla Wrote:try again with 9.04.beta1. there were changes to handle the extended local header present in some zip files.

They're talking about VLC :0)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick Question...0