Fanart Backgrounds No Longer Show In Showcase View
Hey all,

Been using the PC version of XBMC for a long time now, and have been using the Aeon skin without incident for the last month or so. First time poster because, frankly, this is the first issue I've had. Nerd

I just recently updated to the latest beta (built yesterday, 4/21/2009) of XBMC and rebuilt my entire library.

After reloading everything into my library, I noticed that when I switched into Showcase view (my view of choice) when I hovered over the tv show/movies, it no longer brought up the fan art image in the background associated with that movie anymore. You can see this in the screenshot here: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa185...hot000.jpg

The strange thing is, this ALWAYS worked previously. Also, the backgrounds that I set in the background folder (the static ones, not ones that are downloaded through the fanart area for each movie/tv show) still show up when highlighting the movies/music/tv shows titles on the main menu (see screenshot here: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa185...hot001.jpg)

Anyone else having this issue? I have tried reinstalling the Aeon theme, as well as XBMC. Is this a new glitch?

Thanks,

---MoldySpore
Nobody else having this issue? Seems to be related to the latest beta XBMC as installing a previous version of XBMC fixes this issue...Shocked
MoldySpore Wrote:Seems to be related to the latest beta XBMC as installing a previous version of XBMC fixes this issue...Shocked

I have had similar problems with beta releases from time to time -- I think that is just an issue with betas, i.e., sometimes fixing one thing breaks another. Have you tried posting in the Windows forum? The developers there are usually very good about responding to and fixing issues like this.
I've noticed this yesterday after I nuked my db and thumbs and rescanned.. once you hit info and it displayed the fanart once, it will show in the other view properly
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Backgrounds No Longer Show In Showcase View0