XBMC for Mac 9.04 (Babylon) Beta 1 released
Topic says all.

Now adding another platform, XBMC for Mac on PPC.

See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=283294

and should be showing in "downloads" for you appletv users.
davilla Wrote:Topic says all.

confirmed, great job and thanks
OMG! I've been waiting for this day to come! Smile Thank you so much guys for making this a dream come true! Smile YES!

Holy smokes! That is truly amazing. Thank you so much. This is a very big deal, I think. I thought porting XBMC to run on PPC was a COLOSSAL task, since all the original code was X86 based. Did this require a complete rewrite of the code or did someone find a clever way to make it play nice with the PPC?

Again, I just thought that this development (porting to PPC) is huge. I see it made the front page news at the official XBMC page. Very nice.

Thanks again.
Hi out there,

i tried the beta one today. it has the same problem as the alpha 1. after the update my library (>500 movies) was complete empty. I miss the Movie Information, the Thumb and the Artworx. But in the File Mode every Movie has a Thumb but not in the Library mode.

Question: Is this Problem fixed in the RC and Final!?

Thnx in advance.

Efty
If you don't provide details, we can't help.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@tylayer

Sorry, how can i help!? I have an ATV with Firmware 2.3.1 and XBMC Atlantis BF1. Under this XBMC Version nearly everything works fine.

A few weeks ago i updated to XBMC Babylon Alpha. I and many others had the problem, the after the update the Library was empty. The only advice for help was to delete the Library files in USERDATA\DATABASE and build it new from the scratch. I have many movies so it takes a lot of time to rebuild it. I hoped that the next Babylon Version does not have this bug. So i switched back to Atlantis BF1.

Today: First i looked in the forum posts and found nothing about my problem. So i installed Babylon Beta 1 and again the Library was empty. When i click on rebuild Library XBMC does nothing. In File Mode all my Movies have the thumb from Atlantis, but no Information. It seems to be the same Problem like under Alpha 1.

Hope this helps.

Efty

P.S. Sorry for my horrible english.
Did you miss this sticky?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bigjuggler Wrote:Holy smokes! That is truly amazing. Thank you so much. This is a very big deal, I think. I thought porting XBMC to run on PPC was a COLOSSAL task, since all the original code was X86 based. Did this require a complete rewrite of the code or did someone find a clever way to make it play nice with the PPC?

Again, I just thought that this development (porting to PPC) is huge. I see it made the front page news at the official XBMC page. Very nice.

Thanks again.

Glad to see people who were expecting this Smile
Almost all the libs used are platform independent.
They just had to be compiled for ppc. After there were some endian problems to solve in different part of XBMC code and just a little assembly but really not that many lines of code impacted... No magic.
Still a few things missing, so we need you to report bugs Wink

See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=283294

Thank you for both the PPC and ATV versions. Incredible...

philip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Mac 9.04 (Babylon) Beta 1 released1