• 9(current)
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)
Ayla Wrote:Thanks for the reply MaestroDD !

What I want to do, is change monitor resolution on-the-fly.

With Plex I had the "red" button on my Harmony remote point to a small script which only job was to do a "F3" key press.

In SwitchResX I have "F3" as a global shortcut to enable 1080p@60Hz for example.

Is there any way I can achieve this "F3" button press now that I use XBMC instead of Plex (I can of course change the "F3" key to another key in SwitchResX if that's necessary)?

EDIT: I found this command by googling: XBMC.RunScript(q:\scripts\test.py)

So maybe I could do a Python script which only function is to "press F3" and point to it with the above command in the keymap.xml?

/Martin

I got my scripts working.

I now have a "F2.py" and a "F3.py" script.

They both contain code that calls on applescript to do the keypresses that I want.

In Keymap.xml I have mapped two buttons to call the .py scripts with XBMC.RunScript(/Users/blabla/F2.py).

It works great and I can now switch between 1080p60 and 1080p24 "on-the-fly".
Ayla Wrote:Another question,

I'm using the Harmony 890 and latest XBMC Mac SVN build.

What do I need to do, if I wan't XBMC to start up automatically when I start my Activity on the Harmony?

And when I leave the Activity I wan't the computer to sleep?

Thanks Smile
Martin

OK, I got this working too.

In the Harmony software I have it send a "Menu" button press when the Activity starts.

It seems that the sleep function doesn't work (using latest SVN), so in the XBMC settings I have chosen to "Suspend" when I shutdown.

That way I can just send the "XBMC.Shutdown()" command instead when I leave the Activity and it then sleeps the Mac.
Ayla,

glad it works and thanks for sharing!

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD,

Is there a reason why this cannot work for appletv?

I noticed that the next realease went from
* Logitech Harmony Universal Remote support in XBMC for AppleTV
to
* Logitech Harmony Universal Remote support in XBMC for Mac

This is a killer feature to have on the AppleTV.

Ilia
I still get a terrific amount of problems with XBMC keeping contact with the harmony, a restart or going to sleep of the mac 100% results in a loss of function whereby XBMC has limited functionality and the remote will launch front row, play itunes and all sorts.

And sometimes inbetween restarts of XBMC as well. At the moment typically I have to go into settings, system, remote, turn off standard, click yes then come out, go back in turn on standard click yes, then switch the always running to off then back on. Quit XBMC and relaunch and all is well again, until the next quit or sleep.

Its fantastic when it works.
Ilia Wrote:MaestroDD,

Is there a reason why this cannot work for appletv?

nothing but lack of time...

Ilia Wrote:I noticed that the next realease went from
* Logitech Harmony Universal Remote support in XBMC for AppleTV
to
* Logitech Harmony Universal Remote support in XBMC for Mac
typo...

Ilia Wrote:This is a killer feature to have on the AppleTV.
nah, killer is different Smile Did you look at "Learned Remote" support. Adds quite a few extra buttons...

cheers,
mdd

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
garyi Wrote:I still get a terrific amount of problems with XBMC keeping contact with the harmony, a restart or going to sleep of the mac 100% results in a loss of function whereby XBMC has limited functionality and the remote will launch front row, play itunes and all sorts.
And sometimes inbetween restarts of XBMC as well. At the moment typically I have to go into settings, system, remote, turn off standard, click yes then come out, go back in turn on standard click yes, then switch the always running to off then back on. Quit XBMC and relaunch and all is well again, until the next quit or sleep.

Its fantastic when it works.

Garyi,
please be as specific as you can. What are the steps to reproduce the problem? If you give a step by step description it is _sooo_ much easier to fix the issues. I do normally not use my Harmony remote with my Mac, so I may even oversee the simplest things.
Also, which version of XBMC etc. you are running is _essential_ for reproducing a bug.

Thanks in advance,
mdd

I've been using XBMC on my Mac Mini for several months now (after years with the Xbox), and I just bought a Harmony remote so that I could test this. Wow! I'd forgotten how nice it is to have proper remote support!

Thanks, MaestroDD!

Rob
Hi there. The easiest way to reproduce the problem is to restart my mac.

I usually goto system prefs and restart without quitting apps first. Also I do a lot of VNCing into the mac and wonder if this has a baring.

I have tried a number of versions but in general I use the standard babylon release. I find it difficult to find the nightly builds, the latest one I found was April 24th? One of the builds did not appear to have the osx folder in the tools folder so that caused a bit of confusion!
garyi Wrote:Hi there. The easiest way to reproduce the problem is to restart my mac.

So this happens with the Babylon release and XBMCHelper v.05 from this thread? I suppose you have "Always On" enabled?

If you're talking about reboot:
Did you read DAddYE's post that reboot results in remote loss and my reply/fix for it?

arrrggghhh. I'm loving the work. SRIOUS Kudos.... But like others I'm only motivated to reply because of a problem.

I can launch XBMC after reboot, but it won't control it. I then close XBMC(via VNC) and re-open it with the remote and now I have full harmony control. I shut XBMC down for a while(A couple hours or so), then when I come back I have to start all over. Open-Close-Open. Any ideas? am I alone?
Is anyone else having the same problem as me, where their Harmony is not properly using the FF and REW buttons and instead doing a 10 minute skip? Is there a fix?

I have my Mac Mini set up as type "Plex" in the Harmony software.

Would sure appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer up.
HDKev Wrote:arrrggghhh. I'm loving the work. SRIOUS Kudos.... But like others I'm only motivated to reply because of a problem.

I can launch XBMC after reboot, but it won't control it. I then close XBMC(via VNC) and re-open it with the remote and now I have full harmony control. I shut XBMC down for a while(A couple hours or so), then when I come back I have to start all over. Open-Close-Open. Any ideas? am I alone?

What versions are you running? Logs may help, too.
Please open console.app, select "All Messages" on the top left side, enter XBMCHelper in the search box on the upper right sight, select all, copy, paste to pastebin.com and reply here with the link.
Thanks for your help!

cheers,
mdd

BDPNA Wrote:Is anyone else having the same problem as me, where their Harmony is not properly using the FF and REW buttons and instead doing a 10 minute skip? Is there a fix?

I have my Mac Mini set up as type "Plex" in the Harmony software.

Would sure appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer up.

Button behavior can be changed in keymap.xml. Online manual has more information to offer. As said in the initial post, we're more than happy if you find a better default setting.

cheers,
mdd

I'm having quite a lot of trouble with this. Basically sometimes my Harmony works and sometimes it just won't control it. However if the screensaver kicks in and I press a button the remote the screensave quits so it's picking something up.

I tried killing XBMChelper and restarting and got the following error:

Mini:~ Soul$ /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper
2009-06-17 23:03:06.999 XBMCHelper[282:10b] OSXRemote 0.5 starting up...
2009-06-17 23:03:07.001 XBMCHelper[282:10b] [DEBUG] -[XBMCHelper init]
2009-06-17 23:03:07.015 XBMCHelper[282:10b] [ERROR] Warning: XBMCHelper could not open the IR-Device in exclusive mode. Other remote control apps running?
2009-06-17 23:03:07.015 XBMCHelper[282:10b] [DEBUG] objc_object* -[XBMCClientWrapper initWithModeConfusederverAddress:verbose:](XBMCClientWrapper*, objc_selector*, eRemoteMode, NSString*, bool)
2009-06-17 23:03:07.016 XBMCHelper[282:10b] [DEBUG] XBMCClientWrapperImpl::XBMCClientWrapperImpl(eRemoteMode, const std:Confusedtring&, bool)

Looks to me like something else has got control of the IR device and so XBMC can't use it?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)0