• 3(current)
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)
Just a point of interest for those with the 520 - it may just be something weird with the Harmony setup tool.

When I first selected the plex mediacenter thing, it didn't configure some keys by default, but the most important was Prev (needed to go back up a directory level).

Just something to watch out for.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am seeing quite an issue in that it does not seem to like repeat commands left to right so skimming through movies or what ever is not working, it will only take the first move then thats it.

However up and down is just fine, hold the button and it spins through no issue.

I also get this behaviour with my ATV upstairs and appleremote, so a bit confusing really.
Same issue here, although great job for fixing the non-startup problem in the latest release. Looks like XBMC's remote support is finally getting up to par with PLEX's!! Well done! Big Grin
brave little meme loves you.
I programmed my 680 to use Plex Player as a device instead of Apple TV and it won't issue IR commands when in the Launcher for say Menu, Up, Down etc at all as evidenced by the lack of the little green transmit LED turning on when these keys are pressed. IR commands that should go to the TV such as Volume are working.

Interestingly, if I instruct my Harmony to go into Device mode with PlexPlayer as the device, the controls work! I'm guessing (hoping?) that is not the way it is supposed to work.

The device I added was Computer->Media Center PC->Plex and typed in Plex Player. In the Logitech application, it says

Plex Media Center PC is set to "Media"

Is this the correct setting?

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
garyi Wrote:I am seeing quite an issue in that it does not seem to like repeat commands left to right so skimming through movies or what ever is not working, it will only take the first move then thats it.
[...]

Repeat is only activated for up and down. Simply comes from the fact that the AppleRemote had no seperate pressed/released events for right and left, but special Right_Hold, Left_Hold events. This can probably be changed.

thanks for the feedback,
mdd

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
unmesh Wrote:I programmed my 680 to use Plex Player as a device instead of Apple TV and it won't issue IR commands when in the Launcher for say Menu, Up, Down etc at all as evidenced by the lack of the little green transmit LED turning on when these keys are pressed. IR commands that should go to the TV such as Volume are working.

This thread is dedicated to reporting bugs / discussing features for the beta of XBMCHelper. This beta version is not tested on the ATV, and probably won't work there currently, sorry

unmesh Wrote:Interestingly, if I instruct my Harmony to go into Device mode with PlexPlayer as the device, the controls work! I'm guessing (hoping?) that is not the way it is supposed to work.

hm, sounds more like a misconfiguration of your Harmony. IIRC I just created an Action for XBMC with my TV, Plex Player and after activating that Action, pressed buttons go to XBMC.

unmesh Wrote:The device I added was Computer->Media Center PC->Plex and typed in Plex Player. In the Logitech application, it says

Plex Media Center PC is set to "Media"

Is this the correct setting?
think so, yes.

you might want to create a new thread to discuss the Harmony and XBMC(@ATV) issues

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I'm wondering if, after adding the new device, I chose the wrong activity/action to set up. May I ask what you chose?

Thanks.

MaestroDD Wrote:This thread is dedicated to reporting bugs / discussing features for the beta of XBMCHelper. This beta version is not tested on the ATV, and probably won't work there currently, sorry

hm, sounds more like a misconfiguration of your Harmony. IIRC I just created an Action for XBMC with my TV, Plex Player and after activating that Action, pressed buttons go to XBMC.

think so, yes.

you might want to create a new thread to discuss the Harmony and XBMC(@ATV) issues
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
thanks for update!
MaestroDD Wrote:Repeat is only activated for up and down. Simply comes from the fact that the AppleRemote had no seperate pressed/released events for right and left, but special Right_Hold, Left_Hold events. This can probably be changed.
So can it be changed? On my system Plex can handle hold left/right with my Harmony but currently XBMC with the latest XBMCHelper cannot which is really bad for the Aeon skin... Thanks.
new version of XBMCHelper replacement + Keymap.xml uploaded.
only thing changed was right/left-repeat functionality.
You'll need the new Keymap.xml, as Right_Hold and Left_Hold needed to be remapped.

cheers,
mdd

Hmmm... something must have gone wrong. Downloaded new Keymap and XBMCHelper and installed them but now left and right single press don't work and hold left goes right and hold right goes left! Any ideas? Anything I can do to help you debug?

Thanks!
I put the new files in and nothing worked.

So I pulled them back out and put the originals back in and they don't work now either.

ffs.
Ok I went into remote settings in xbmc and cycled round to standard then restarted it and the old file works now.

Phew.
crap :/ I see it here, too.
I'm looking into it...

fixed:
1) Keymap.xml was messed up, thus the right<->left swap
2) reverted some untested changes from commit before :/

Links: Keymap.xml and XBMCHelper.

sorry for the trouble!

cheers,
mdd

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)0