• 10(current)
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)
Aha looks like PlexHelper was still running and was hogging the IR device. Killed that and got control back.... Smile
Guys do I still need to use the XBMCHelper from this thread if I'm using SVN nightly builds, or is this version in SVN?

Would be nice not to have to copy this back in every day when I update builds.

Cheers,

Justin
Soul Wrote:Guys do I still need to use the XBMCHelper from this thread if I'm using SVN nightly builds, or is this version in SVN?

Would be nice not to have to copy this back in every day when I update builds.

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Justin,

current svn has XBMCHelper included. You should see something like MultiRemote (Harmony) in Setting->System->AppleRemote. So no, the version posted here is only for 9.04.x.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can I compile this for Linux in order to get my Apple Remote working with my Acer Revo HTPC?

Cheers,

Pete
Hi Pete,
Pete_London Wrote:Can I compile this for Linux in order to get my Apple Remote working with my Acer Revo HTPC?
nope, unfortunately not. Source is Mac OSX specific.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Ahh great! I'll try that option out instead then thanks Smile

MaestroDD Wrote:Hi Justin,

current svn has XBMCHelper included. You should see something like MultiRemote (Harmony) in Setting->System->AppleRemote. So no, the version posted here is only for 9.04.x.

cheers,
mdd
All right,

I have done everything to get my mac mini up and running on my Theater. The last thing is trying to get my URC MX-980 remote to work with it. Now the idea was just to learn the data from my Harmony I have.

Here is what I have:

Nightly build of XBMC
Mac Mini
Harmony 550

I have set the remote to Multi/Harmony in XBMC but commands still do not work, when I hit REW it turn the volume down etc.

I think my problem is in the Keymap but I am not sure what I did wrong. Do I just right click on the link and save it as an htm file and then change it back to xml? I have the file in the userdata folder but still no go.

Any ideas? I have had no luck so far so it isn't a case of it just stopped working.

Thanks
HI the keymap on mac downloads as keymap.xml.htm

Delete the .htm, the finder will moan but confirm it.

Also I found a couple of builds did not have the right folder to put the helper in, I have found in the end the best one at the minute is the current release.

Finally you did turn the helper into an executable, the icon changed and everything?
BDPNA Wrote:Anyone else having an issue where the Fast Forward and the Chapter Skip buttons are both doing the same thing (a chapter skip?) Is there a fix to get the regular rewind and ff buttons to just do that function? I am using the latest keymap.xml and latest helper from this thread and the latest SVN on OSX.

Yes! Very annoying and I've not found a solution on the web yet.

Have you (or anyone else) had any luck with this?
Hi Mastreo, could I ask for a request?

Everything is working fine and its quite responsive which is nice. The only issue I am having is when scrolling in that the time between the system realising you want to scrool quickly and my brain are out of sync.

So basically I want to scroll a bit, so I hold the button, it then begins scrolling, and when I let go of the button its gone to far, so I try coming back and it over shoots again.

Hope I am making some sense. I think what I would like to do is make the time between a single click and scroll action to be quicker.

Can I adjust this in a file somewhere?
Pardon me, as you can see from other threads I'm a newbie at XBMC but am eager to get it working smoothly.

maybe some day i'll have enough energy to hack through this on my own. But it would really nice if someone put together a Harmony One config file and a corresponding keymap.xml section, with a clear tutorial on how to do this. One that hopefully would include a way to do things like launch XBMC and shut it down and switch resolutions with SwitchRes X, etc.

in other news, what if your mac doesn't have built-in infrared? will any USB based infrared receiver work with the "universal remote" setting in XBMC? How?
OK -- this worked wonderfully! One of the smoothest things about setting XBMC for me actually, when I expected it to be the hardest. What a relief!

By the way, I did learn that some of the buttons were actually unmapped and I could map extra buttons to the function keys and then match them up in the Harmony remote setup for the Plex player. Here's what I used, in case anyone finds it useful. (Note the function keys actually used are totally arbitrary, just line them up in the Harmony configuration to get them to work):

Code:
<!-- Aspect        --> <button id="61">AspectRatio</button>
      <!-- F1            --> <button id="53">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Music)</button>
      <!-- F3            --> <button id="55">XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</button>
      <!-- F2            --> <button id="54">XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles,return)</button>
      <!-- F4            --> <button id="56">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Weather)</button>
      <!-- F5            --> <button id="93">OSD</button>
      <!-- F7            --> <button id="95">XBMC.ActivateWindow(settings)</button>
      <!-- F6            --> <button id="94">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Scripts)</button>
      <!-- F8            --> <button id="96">XBMC.ActivateWindow(favourites)</button>
      <!-- F9            --> <button id="73">ShowVideoMenu</button>
      <!-- F10            --> <button id="74">ShowSubtitles</button>
      <!-- F11            --> <button id="75">NextSubtitle</button>
      <!-- F12            --> <button id="76">CodecInfo</button>
      <!-- F13            --> <button id="63">Playlist</button>
      <!-- F14            --> <button id="64">AudioNextLanguage</button>      
      <!-- Large Down    --> <button id="82">PageDown</button>
      <!-- Large Up        --> <button id="81">PageUp</button>
      <!-- pwrToggle    --> <button id="66">XBMC.ShutDown()</button>
      <!-- Queue        --> <button id="62">Queue</button>
      <!-- Sleep        --> <button id="46">XBMC.SleepSystem()</button>

Also, can we expect the next official release of XBMC to include the functional helper app so we don't need to mod both the XBMC package contents and make that plist file read-only? (And will we need to change that plist file to r/w? Just trying to stay sane here with all the mods. ;-)

Oh, and also... the only button that doesn't work is the one mapped to "XBMC.ActivateWindow(settings)" ... but that might be limited to the MediaStream skin, because what it does is go to the About page for the skin.

For others in the future, would be nice if this were part of the default system Keymap.html file and the xbmc manual were updated to recommend setting up a harmony with the Plex config, possibly with screen shots, as when I added the Plex, the Harmony setup system didn't automatically assign the buttons.
ctawn Wrote:[...]
By the way, I did learn that some of the buttons were actually unmapped and I could map extra buttons to the function keys and then match them up in the Harmony remote setup for the Plex player. Here's what I used, in case anyone finds it useful. (Note the function keys actually used are totally arbitrary, just line them up in the Harmony configuration to get them to work):
[snipped additional mappings]

thanks, added in r21895

ctawn Wrote:Also, can we expect the next official release of XBMC to include the functional helper app so we don't need to mod both the XBMC package contents and make that plist file read-only?
It's in svn for quite a while already. So, yes, it'll be included in next release.

ctawn Wrote:[...]and the xbmc manual were updated to recommend setting up a harmony with the Plex config, possibly with screen shots, as when I added the Plex, the Harmony setup system didn't automatically assign the buttons.

Please feel free to do so. What about something like
"HOW-TO setup your Harmony Remote for use with XBMC on OSX"?

cheers,
mdd

MaestroDD Wrote:Please feel free to do so. What about something like "HOW-TO setup your Harmony Remote for use with XBMC on OSX"

Someone should put me on payroll. ;-)
Thanks alot ctawn!

ctawn Wrote:Someone should put me on payroll. ;-)

yeah, think I'd join Tongue

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)0