Help converting a bash (wget+grep) linux script into python (Rai Italian TV)?
Cimi Wrote:EDIT: your works too!!! it's the linux useragent, then.
it was actually a typo in the header. it had an extra ')' which i believe was the problem.
BlueCop Wrote:it was actually a typo in the header. it had an extra ')' which i believe was the problem.

there's only one more issue now: it seems that if you wait a bit then the stream urls changes (try to load the plugin then wait few minutes). This happenes also when you run the plugin, load a channel, see this channel for few mins then change it without exiting the plugin.
Since the stream urls are parsed when the plugin loads (it fetches the channel xml) we should
1) add something between an automatic refresh for the channel list (after few mins)
or
2) testing the stream before running a channel (if the stream works) and if it doesn't refresh the channel stream url by re-fetching the channel list
or
3) (i would prefer) instead saving the stream url save the http://mediapolis.rai.it/relinker/relink....htm?cont=... url, then when running a video automatically get the real stream url with the useragent.

I hope I was clear enough.
is there something useful (python plugin API) to let the plugin fetch the mms stream just when clicking on an item?
yes i will make a version that will do this. it will only retrieve the asx when you select the stream and get the current url. I am going out with some friends in a few minutes to have some drinks so it will be late tonight at the earliest. if you can't wait then look at other plugins code. several other plug-ins work in a similar fashion.

could you please post your logs i still want to see the output with the last version?
BlueCop Wrote:yes i will make a version that will do this. it will only retrieve the asx when you select the stream and get the current url. I am going out with some friends in a few minutes to have some drinks so it will be late tonight at the earliest. if you can't wait then look at other plugins code. several other plug-ins work in a similar fashion.

could you please post your logs i still want to see the output with the last version?

I can wait I can wait... I would have done it if you were not going to finish it... I'm going to bed now anyway... (3 AM)

I sent you the log in pvt.
it's work for me too... good work! I'm waiting for a version that retrieve video from the archive Wink

thanks a lot!!! GOOOD WORK!
try this
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtmmuhemltl
added default.tbn
this will retrieve the redirected url when it is selected to be played. other mms:// or .wmv files in the other videos will be played added as before.
Does not play... using XBMC 9.04 Beta

EDIT: it plays... it is just much more slower to load the channel, and there's not cache dialog
DVDPlayer has "some" problems with MMS:// streams. Try it on xbox with mplayer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:DVDPlayer has "some" problems with MMS:// streams. Try it on xbox with mplayer.

I'm on the xbox... but there's no way to use mplayer, at least from the preferences!
reading from the changelog...

Code:
2009-04-21  19585  [XBOX] reverted: part of r19558 (No longer force MPlayer for
                  MMS://) as our MMS filesystem doesn't properly support all streams yet.
2009-04-21  19580  [XBOX] prep for 9.04.beta1 branch
2009-04-21  19579  [XBOX] merged: Linuxport revisions
2009-04-20  19558  [XBOX] fixed: MMS filesystem didn't work because our socket
                  functions behave slightly different on Xbox. Also no longer forcing MPlayer for
                  MMS:// as DVDPlayer can play it now too :)
i will add a plugin setting for mplayer or dvdplayer.
it seems it is already using mplayer... but there's no visual feedback, no cache dialog progress... and seems much slower to run a channel (but maybe it could be a side-effect after the lack of the dialog)
the plugin dies after playing the first channel:
you run the plugin
play a channel (no cache dialog is shown, even with mplayer)
exit the channel after it is fully loaded
run another channel - nothing is cached/run (I've seen the bandwidth usage of the router)

UPDATE: even more strange... after you have exit the channel it doesn't play... but if you wait a minute it works :-|
Cimi: it is slower because it doesn't retrieve the asx file until you select it to play this is what you requested.

try this it has an option for dvdplayer or mplayer
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zx1dyrdnnp

if you don't post logs to a pastbin service then i can't help with these problems. you describe the behavior but i can't divine what is causing it. i have only used this on windows. i only get a region lock stream every time i play them now but the streams play every time.
BlueCop Wrote:Cimi: it is slower because it doesn't retrieve the asx file until you select it to play this is what you requested.

try this it has an option for dvdplayer or mplayer
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zx1dyrdnnp

if you don't post logs to a pastbin service then i can't help with these problems. you describe the behavior but i can't divine what is causing it. i have only used this on windows. i only get a region lock stream every time i play them now but the streams play every time.

latest version works very well... I would only rename the plugin to Rai.tv and remove the space before "Altri Video".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help converting a bash (wget+grep) linux script into python (Rai Italian TV)?0