which remotes do you all use?
Harmony 525. Set all available Remote buttons, and use it for all my activities / devices !!!!
xbox 1 remote controller (like it, simple and effective) plus the mapping for it has been perfected through the years. Also too used with it Smile
A friend gave me a DViCO Fusion remote yesterday, and I spent the better part of the evening and this morning getting it working with my Zotac 330 board, and also with my Harmony 880. I now have it working as well as the Harmony worked with my original X-Box. It was not a completely trivial task. If anyone else has trouble getting one of these to work then feel free to ask for help.
My future setup is going to be:

Hardware:
ASRock ION 330-BD
http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.as...ION 330-BD

Software:
Ubuntu + XBMC

Is there any remote that will work right out of the box with this setup?
Hama MCE Remote Control but just the IR receiver. I use my Harmony One for all my devices.
domi55 Wrote:Hama MCE Remote Control but just the IR receiver. I use my Harmony One for all my devices.

I also use an Hama MCE Remote on XBMC Live. Cursor and OK are working. Play, Pause ... not.

@domi55

Can you use Play, Pause, ...? How did you get this working?
PS3 Bluetooth Remote. works great and my pc is in a closet so it was the cheapest option for me.
Quote:Can you use Play, Pause, ...? How did you get this working?

Yes I'm able to use these buttons. Sorry but I've just plugged in the IR adapter and everything worked for me. Wink
domi55 Wrote:Yes I'm able to use these buttons. Sorry but I've just plugged in the IR adapter and everything worked for me. Wink

strange:-) i will reinstall xbmc, maybe it will work
@jwproduction: installed lirc? and have that working? without it the remote wont work..
Quote:installed lirc? and have that working? without it the remote wont work..

Believe me I've just installed XBMC 9.04.1 and plugged in the IR adapter. Everything worked straight out of the box.

Without installing or re-installing lirc.

Of course I need to configure lirc to use all the 'special' buttons. But for now its ok.
Logitech harmony 525, use it for xbox/bluray/av rec/vcr/pvr/tv - will never need another remote.
Logitech harmony 895 (very happy with it)
Mediagate Vista MCE IR Receiver + Logitech Harmony 880

Kryspy
blittan Wrote:@jwproduction: installed lirc? and have that working? without it the remote wont work..
@blittan thanks for the reply, i reinstalled xbmc live, now the remote works, Only the special keys don`t work. i will try them with keymap and lirc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which remotes do you all use?0