[MOD] Remove genre, increase movie name text in showcase
Another small mod, if you could call it that, more of a hack.. Smile

This was a request in a post today, i really enjoyed my previous mod i did last night which was decreasing the poster size in showcase and felt like doing another. This will also benefit my previous mod, hence why it felt like something i wanted to do.

This will remove the genre from above the movie name, increase the movie names size and then move it up slightly (as removing the genre makes the text drop and it looks odd)

Im at work on my glorious 17" 4:3 screen, it should look fine on any screen however. yes i should be working but this is far more exciting!! hehe

Before hack

After hack

Theres two ways to acheive this.. download the xmls.. or change the code by urself.. the files are here

I would go with the code if you have any other mods, you will be able to add this with any other mod such as my other one poster mod, or imdb star ratings etc

Here we will change the size of the text
Font.xml Starting from line 301

Code:
<font>
      <name>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</name>
      <filename>aeon_list.ttf</filename>
      <size>[b]32[/b]</size>
    </font>

Here we will hide the genre:
viewtype_showcase.xml From line 2854

Code:
<control type="label" id="72">
                    <label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Genre][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                    <include>ShowcaseDetailLabel</include>
                    <visible>[b]false[/b]</visible>
                </control>

Here we will move the text label up (as it looks out of place without doing this)
viewtype_showcase.xml from line 173

Code:
<include name="ShowcaseMainLabel">
        <include>ShowcaseLabelVars</include>
        <posx>340</posx>
        <posy>[b]680[/b]</posy>
        <width>600</width>
        <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</font>
        <textcolor>d01a1a1c</textcolor>
        <visible>!ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()</visible>        
        <animation effect="slide" end="0,-11" time="200" condition="[!Control.IsVisible(72) | IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(72))] | Window.IsActive(24)">Conditional</animation>
    </include>

Anyway hope some other people get some use out of it.. Combined with my small poster mod and imdb ratings mod it should be quite nice!! id do this now to see what it looks like but i should do some work today! Smile
great mod/hack! i used it as the basis for mine. i kept the genre but made it smaller and moved it to the bottom it went from size 16 to size 14 and instead of making the title 32 i just went to 30 i also made it so that longer names scroll. thanks for the inspiration!

btw: how do you get the larger screenshots like that, i did a print screen and thats what i got, its a lot smaller than yours. is there another way to get a shot of the screen other than print screen? thanks
Only One Haze Wrote:great mod/hack! i used it as the basis for mine. i kept the genre but made it smaller and moved it to the bottom it went from size 16 to size 14 and instead of making the title 32 i just went to 30 i also made it so that longer names scroll. thanks for the inspiration!

btw: how do you get the larger screenshots like that, i did a print screen and thats what i got, its a lot smaller than yours. is there another way to get a shot of the screen other than print screen? thanks

Can you please post the code of your version of this great mod?
Hello. As you can with the current Aeon NOX + EDEN? I try to edit the file Includes_Showcase.xml and I can not change the order. Can anyone help me?Is that the code is not equal: S

I put the title up and the extra information down, as seen in the post above. Thanks in advance.

P.D. Sorry for my English :$

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Remove genre, increase movie name text in showcase0