[Request] Enable Qwerty in PM3.HD
After searching the forums and also trying to overwrite the DialogueKeyboard.xml from PMIII and discovering that it doesn't work, I was wondering if it were possible to use the QWERTY keyboard with the PM3.HD skin like it is with the PMIII skin. I found this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22384 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=10246 and now realize that there are a ton of different keyboard setups and that the alphabetic keyboard is generic enough for everyone.

However, the keyboard from the default PMIII skin is exactly the one that I'm used to using and I figured it was already configured, but might need some tweaking to get it to work with PM3.HD.

If this is already possible and I somehow overlooked it, I apologize for not looking hard enough. This isn't a major issue, but would come in handy from time to time.

Thanks.

edit: I opened up the DialogueKeyboard.xml and tried to remap the letters and realized that it was a pretty big pain in the butt because the bottom row doesn't have enough buttons and it will require quite a bit of work. If someone has already made this a reality then I'd appreciate a point in that direction. Otherwise, I think it's less of a hassle to use the alphabet board than to reskin and remap the virtual keyboard at least for a non-skinner like me.
You exactly right I didn't add it to the skin because its a huge pain in the but to make for so little gain (guess if you had a touchscreen you could type proper).
So in conclusion I'm not going to add it unless someone else does all the hard work for me, like they did last time all I did was tidy it up a little and make paste the code
no biggie. i completely understand. one of these day i might look into it and do some dirty work, but today isn't the day and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

thanks for the skin though. it's a great mixture of being gorgeous and functional.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Enable Qwerty in PM3.HD0