Mark as Watched resets my position
Star 
Hello,
I have searched through the threads but I cannot find anything related to this for the windows implementation. Also I'm not sure if this is an end user request or just a plain bug?

Anyway, in the windows version I have had cause to rebuild my pc or clean my library due to moving films to sub folders etc. As a result of this I've had to re-import my films and tv shows etc.

When I then go through my newly imported list and start marking single items as watched it then throws me back to the beginning of the list meaning that I then have to scroll to my previous location and continue from there.

Is there a way to solve this so that I maintain my position? I've heard of people exporting their library and then changing a field but as I'm sometimes changing file structure this could get quite entangled.

Any advice? Should I be posting this elsewhere as it doesn't appear to be an issue on the xbox version which has a toggle option to mark as watced.

Thanks in advance.
With PM3.HD or with some other skin?

Also, are you showing only unwatched items, or all items?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm only showing unwatched items.

I have just changed my skin but I get the same thing when I use the default project mayhem one that comes with the default installation.

I didn't think this would be skin related but I could be wrong?
Hi, I've been speaking to a friend and apparently this is already possible under linux and xbox distro's. He thinks its called "Mark as Viewed" ? If so how do I go about get this into an enhancement request and how likely is it to happen? I'm hoping it would just be a straight copy and paste job with the code - yes I'm an optimistic kind of person Big Grin

Thanks in advance.
Ok, that makes sense then, as the item you've marked as watched is no longer in the list, and thus we can't refocus on that item, so focus resets to the first item.

EDIT: Actually, that works fine here too - it just focuses the next item.

You're going to have to be far more explicit in what the problem actually is, and how you are doing things step by step. Are you in the video library view, or files view for instance?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

This used to happen also when you refreshed library entries, but in that case ofc it was possible to maintain focus (JM fixed that btw Smile
Hi, Sorry for the delay in reply.
Ok I've gone back to basics.
1) I'm using skin PM3.HD
2) In Videos - Library Mode with Hide Watched enabled
3) Go to my selection and right click
4) From the popup menu I select "Mark as Watched"

When I do this I get sent back to the top of the list. I take it the work around would be to not have "Hide Watched" enabled and to just go through and mark them as watched?

Thanks in advance
How do you delete a thread? As this is all working a charm in v9.04.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as Watched resets my position0