Why DivX and no Xvid?
Just wondering why Xvid hasn't also been added to the flags seeing as it's much more popular than DivX these days?
There is just no pleasing some people! Wink
if you read the mp3 flag request thread it is mentioned in there, djh said that he would inlclude it
I wondered that too..

And another question: Why is it only read from filename? Isn't this codec info and thus perfectly scannable (just like mp3), or am i missing something?
lx01 Wrote:...am i missing something?

Only that it's not read from the filename.
djh_ Wrote:Only that it's not read from the filename.
Huh? Commit 2f272b16c05b8d21c1c01ca7218b2bcb6b7d49f9 says:
Quote:DivX detects "divx" in filename
(To avoid some misunderstanding: I meant the Divx inclusion, but the question will also apply to xvid, if included. Sorry for not making myself clear enough)
Sorry - thought you meant mp3.

Does MIP scan and log video codecs? Dunno. Maybe someone can shed some light on it.
Is there a feature currently in development for XBMC to scan media for just these types of information? (Codec, resolution, etc)
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
I use MFU and i've seen xvid in some of mine, also, I prefer all of my tags in the nfo, just keeps filenames cleaner, modding the xml files to pull from either filename or studio tag is not that hard... i've covered it in like 3 topics so far. I just go through the xml each time it gets changed and fix it to my liking. Although a lot of these nit-picky studio tags talk may all get nullified when they actually implement them in xbmc.

--FF
djh_ Wrote:Sorry - thought you meant mp3.

Does MIP scan and log video codecs? Dunno. Maybe someone can shed some light on it.

yes, the codec is listed in the studio tags

480p / XVID / AC-3.......
djh_ Wrote:Sorry - thought you meant mp3.

My Media Flag Updater writes XVID / DIVX to the filename and <studio> tag if the user wants it to. Don't know about MIP.
yea, practically all movies come out in Xvid Format and BRrip.

Xvid is essential IMO.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why DivX and no Xvid?0