Dolby String Not Detected
I started playing with the Aeon Auriga branch (which is gorgeous, I love the subtle shading on the main menu text) and noticed that my TV Show episodes all have the unknown audio flag set, even though all of the files have "dolbydigital" in the title. I never noticed before now because Aeon Stark doesn't display those flags for TV Show episodes (at least not in the view I used). The HDTV flag seems to show up just fine from the "1080p" and "720p" string inserted in the filenames, so it's just a "dolbydigital" problem.

The list of strings from the 0.91 download on aeonproject.com seems to be outdated now. Can someone tell me where in the skin's code I can find a good list of what strings Aeon looks for, or is there a list somewhere that gets updated?
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
rickatnight11 Wrote:I started playing with the Aeon Auriga branch (which is gorgeous, I love the subtle shading on the main menu text) and noticed that my TV Show episodes all have the unknown audio flag set, even though all of the files have "dolbydigital" in the title. I never noticed before now because Aeon Stark doesn't display those flags for TV Show episodes (at least not in the view I used). The HDTV flag seems to show up just fine from the "1080p" and "720p" string inserted in the filenames, so it's just a "dolbydigital" problem.

The list of strings from the 0.91 download on aeonproject.com seems to be outdated now. Can someone tell me where in the skin's code I can find a good list of what strings Aeon looks for, or is there a list somewhere that gets updated?

It seems that you need channel info aswell in the nfo to make it pick up the dolbydigital tag. so "dolbydigital / 2ch" for example.
That's unfortunate. I really dislike using .nfo files. It seems cluttered to me, and it hasn't been an issue so far since I don't care about the studio tags. I wish there was a way to just display the video resolution, audio codec, and media source (BluRay, HDTV, etc) without needing additional files. Until they introduce a feature into XBMC to scan and pull that information from the media files, it's up to the skins to implement a workaround. I've followed the original Aeon Stark guide as accurately as I can, but it looks like it still needs those pesky .nfo files. Sigh... I suppose I should just wait for Auriga to complete before complaining because this system seems to be one of the main features Duncan is working on.
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
rickatnight11 Wrote:That's unfortunate. I really dislike using .nfo files. It seems cluttered to me, and it hasn't been an issue so far since I don't care about the studio tags. I wish there was a way to just display the video resolution, audio codec, and media source (BluRay, HDTV, etc) without needing additional files. Until they introduce a feature into XBMC to scan and pull that information from the media files, it's up to the skins to implement a workaround. I've followed the original Aeon Stark guide as accurately as I can, but it looks like it still needs those pesky .nfo files. Sigh... I suppose I should just wait for Auriga to complete before complaining because this system seems to be one of the main features Duncan is working on.

Well there is a separate XBMC branch working on that http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419 but no idea when that will be ready and included in the main branch.
ccMatrix Wrote:Well there is a separate XBMC branch working on that http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419 but no idea when that will be ready and included in the main branch.

i wouldn't hold my breath for that feature .. i was hoping it would make it in before the feature freeze .. however it did not .. so now we must wait for the devs to release the next stable build .. and then the media scanner hopefully quickly will get added to the main trunk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby String Not Detected0