[Request]Kiosk Mode
Here is one for you Duncan. When you turn on "kiosk mode" what about also removing the options for thumb, refresh, and fanart from the info screen? This will keep kids/wives/girlfriends who like to push random buttons from changing library items. That way you can create a user for the family with kiosk mode turned on and settings locked. Then you never have to worry about your library getting screwed up.
This is something I had been working on for my skin (which is most likely never going to see the light of day) Wink

Cheers,
Rand
+1! Or even better yet, have an option in settings to turn them off completely. I use Media Companion for all my editing and very, very rarely do I have no reload a movie. Would be nice to get rid of the ones I never use.
+1 for both ideas from me.
Hmm, yeah I guess having different levels of kiosk mode would be cool. I agree that since I use MC for all my movies I don't use the refresh, thumb, or fanart button very often myself. I guess it would clean up the info screen nicely and still allow me to have the other options available in the movie section.

Djh?
Isn't a current option already? I believe in the aeon custom settings there is an option for the "kiosk" mode.
QuietTime Wrote:Isn't a current option already? I believe in the aeon custom settings there is an option for the "kiosk" mode.

Me thinks you didn't read the thread and just replied to the topic. ^_^
hikaricore Wrote:Me thinks you didn't read the thread and just replied to the topic. ^_^

Yeah, this is an enhancement to the current kiosk mode. Anyone else interested in something along these lines? I have always been a big fan of hiding anything that is not absolutely necessary for general use. Any "settings" or "options" buttons that are visible in the general UI take away from the polished look IMO.

Cheers,
Rand
Hi guys,
Exactly what I did.

Here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/225705754/Di...o.xml.html
Done.

Quote:updated: Kiosk mode extended to fullscreen info options
Awesomeness!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request]Kiosk Mode0