• 29(current)
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex
msaspence Wrote:call me a noob but

how the hell do i use multiplex

i've downloaded the latest version from git and there is no sign of it in any settings!

and pre emptively: i have searched the post and found no clues as to my problem

you sure you have auriga branch .. or the master branch
i'm hoping we get a commit by djh tonight so we can enjoy night and day ourselves Smile
I doubt there'll be one for a while now, sadly. My TV went kaput a couple of weeks ago and it's meant I can't get a gauge of how good or bad the newer views and colours look. My monitor did a decent enough job before but this whole dark/light side of things is bordering on guesswork. I have a feeling Multiplex is much darker than I though it would be, for example, so I'm hesitant to really push on designing anything else. What I might do is just strip out all the dark/light stuff for another time and concentrate on getting a few dialogs sorted out - those are safe enough, and at least it'll keep things moving.
djh_ Wrote:I doubt there'll be one for a while now, sadly. My TV went kaput a couple of weeks ago and it's meant I can't get a gauge of how good or bad the newer views and colours look. My monitor did a decent enough job before but this whole dark/light side of things is bordering on guesswork. I have a feeling Multiplex is much darker than I though it would be, for example, so I'm hesitant to really push on designing anything else. What I might do is just strip out all the dark/light stuff for another time and concentrate on getting a few dialogs sorted out - those are safe enough, and at least it'll keep things moving.

Awww, djh can we get the showcase view atleast? Pretty, prettyyyy pleaseee. Laugh
Or you could send a donation to help him get a new TV.
I've been keeping up to date with this thread...but one little question i have is regarding extra thumbs...Say, if i have six thumbs for a movie, can i put them all in the extrathumbs folder and it will scroll through them all?
pletopia Wrote:you sure you have auriga branch .. or the master branch

yeah i had the master branch, duh!

i didnt bother with auriga cause i thought that was the code name for the previous aeon, obviously not

any who getting back on topic loving the skin, this view is exactly what i want for my movies
I've sent you a tenth of a new TV!

Pull your fingers out boys, if everyone who is using Aeon donated just £5 DJH would be rocking a 60" plasma! :p
Hitcher Wrote:Or you could send a donation to help him get a new TV.

Incidentally, thanks to those who have donated. I meant to look into setting up some kind of auto-reply on PayPal (not sure if you can) but at least with Pledgie there's a donor list, so you'll get some recognition that way. It's nice and transparent, too, so you can see where things stand. But yes, thanks again.
djh_ Wrote:Incidentally, thanks to those who have donated. I meant to look into setting up some kind of auto-reply on PayPal (not sure if you can) but at least with Pledgie there's a donor list, so you'll get some recognition that way. It's nice and transparent, too, so you can see where things stand. But yes, thanks again.

You're more than welcome, I feel guilty when I play around with Aeon on my plasma knowing you can't do the same.
Sorry, I am not a fan of how this view is shaping up, is there plans to allow other views in TV Shows? Im stuck on a old revision until then.
There will always be one or two who don't like the new view- but it isnt helpful not stating what you don't like about it?

I'm sure djh doesnt care who likes it and who doesnt- he's made that oppinion quite clear- his aim is to be cutting edge Smile
djh_ Wrote:Incidentally, thanks to those who have donated. I meant to look into setting up some kind of auto-reply on PayPal (not sure if you can) but at least with Pledgie there's a donor list, so you'll get some recognition that way. It's nice and transparent, too, so you can see where things stand. But yes, thanks again.

You can repay me (even though technically I'm paying you for Aeon :p) by telling me where you got the Star Trek backdrop thats on Aeonproject.com. Even better would be a link!
iBeech Wrote:I'm sure djh doesnt care who likes it and who doesnt- he's made that oppinion quite clear- his aim is to be cutting edge Smile
That's fine, all I'm saying is accessing other views, not changing multiplex to suit me. It was there 4 days ago, I'm sure adding it back isn't a big deal.

My main issues with it since you asked:
* Requiring me to make special thumbs for seasons and series, I don't have the patients/time for this.
* Episode view, The thumb should reflect the selected episode, after all this is the highlight.
PainToad Wrote:Sorry, I am not a fan of how this view is shaping up, is there plans to allow other views in TV Shows? Im stuck on a old revision until then.

You have four at the moment: Multiplex, Showcase, Wall and List (provided you unlock the others in the Settings section). Of those, List is the only other one that really caters to TV from Shows down to Episodes. Showcase will soon be getting its old sliding info panel back, together with 16:9 icons which will at least make it functional with episodes. That's yer lot.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex0