• 5(current)
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex
djh_ Wrote:I can't deny I've been thinking about it - the whole Lite/Full thing certainly suggests it. Coding wouldn't be an issue beyond the usual thing of the timings being a bit volatile (at least when muggins here does them). The bigger issue would be how to make it slide in without looking too rough as it moves behind the browser pane. It'll be easy enough, though, but I'll wait until it's all finished before dwelling too much on it.

Since Showcase also has the movies in a wrap list on the bottom of the screen, what if the list was centered in the screen (similar to the view that was removed). Then when you pause on a movie, the list drops to the bottom of the screen and the information is revealed. Might be too much animation. It would be a nice way of giving each view a unique style.
djh_ Wrote:Don't go near a magnet... or Ian McKellen.

I now need to clean off my monitor and buy myself another mocha -- didn't see that one coming at all. Thanks!
Really looking forward to this view. I love th aeon skin but I don't like that you have to go through another button press to see the info for a movie or tv episode and then you have to do it on each episode. Its much easier to scroll through and see the info right there Are you going to add a view like this to the TV shows section as well?
It's a strong candidate, yes.
I really love the info portion of this view, but I guess I'm not quite sold on the thumbstrip itself. I'd really love to see that reflect the current look of one strip of the wall view. (Link for quick reference)
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
May 1,000 support threads consume us.

Quote:added: Multiplex view for Movies

Extra thumbs stored in subfolder of individual movie folder called
"extrathumbs". The large thumb/no plot view will pull whatever images are
in that folder and loop them as a slideshow. The two thumbs and plot view
looks for files "thumb1.jpg" and "thumb2.jpg", again in the "extrathumbs"
folder, so be sure to call two of your extra thumbs by those names.

e.g.

Silent Running/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
Silent Running/extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg
Silent Running/extrathumbs/<any additional images>

There is an inherent problem with the largeimage controls that means they
only disappear when they're replaced. So if you have a movie that doesn't
have extra thumbs, thumbs from a previous movie will still show. This is a
known issue. If you report it nonetheless I'll have to violate you.

Oh, and the Info option at the top cycles through four choices:

Auto: the default, shows the info panel after a short delay. If someone can figure out how to stop this from happening the moment you open the window, entirely glitch-free, it'd be appreciated.

Trigger: push up once to summon the info panel, up again for the menu, down to close.

On: always on.

Off: always off.
Wow, I thought we'd have to wait awhile for this.

Thanks.
And with fanart in place of thumbs.

djh_ Wrote:Auto: the default, shows the info panel after a short delay. If someone can figure out how to stop this from happening the moment you open the window, entirely glitch-free, it'd be appreciated.

this looks like it works..

in Viewtype_Multiplex.xml find
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [Control.IsVisible(109) | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfotrigger)]]</visible>

Replace With:
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [[System.IdleTime(3)+!Skin.HasSetting(nomultiplexpopup) + ![Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfooff) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfotrigger)] + [Control.HasFocus(52) | Control.HasFocus(61) | Control.HasFocus(94) | ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()] + [!Container(52).OnNext + !Container(52).OnPrevious]] | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfotrigger)]]</visible>

if you go with this you will not need the image control (id=109) in MyVideoNav.xml
Ah, but isn't this the solution that means you can't take screenshots because the slightest button press resets the animation? Sorry, I need something with no side-effects.
Hitcher Wrote:And with fanart in place of thumbs.

Looks nice, that. I think I'll add it as an option for that larger thumb view.
Hitcher Wrote:And with fanart in place of thumbs.

Hitcher, how'd you do that?
babyface Wrote:Hitcher, how'd you do that?

Open Viewtype_Multiplex.xml and find -
Code:
<timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
<imagepath>$INFO[Container(52).ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs]</imagepath>
and replace with -
Code:
<info>ListItem.Property(fanart_image)</info>
One question, is it possible to add an option that the thumbs look like in the wall view, with round edges and a little distance of each other. I think it could look better as this strip.
Couple of things I've spotted -

a) With fanart off the default/custom background gets blacked out

b) Backing out and re-entering the view causes the focused thumb to have the unfocused border on it (if that makes any sense)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex0