Menu background from library?
I am just guessing this is a xbmc limitation but who knows...

With Aeon now you can set menu (aka movies, music, settings) background images to either 1 image or slideshow of a images in a folder.

Is it even possible to set menu background slideshow based on a particular library?

Say for the Movies menu item, instead of copying/creating a whole new folder with all or selected fanart from my movie collection, it could be set to use all fanart from the movie library. Then there wouldn't have to be duplicate images since many keep fanart.jpg in the directory with the movie.

I like the ability to statically set the background for movie items or to limit the slide show to, but honestly I am lazy and if it could update when I add a movie to a library it would be handy.
Wether it's an XBMC limitation or part of Aeon (I'm fairly sure it's the former) you'd run into the issue of fanart being jpegs rather than bitmaps, so they'd stutter pretty badly transitioning between menu items.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:Wether it's an XBMC limitation or part of Aeon (I'm fairly sure it's the former) you'd run into the issue of fanart being jpegs rather than bitmaps, so they'd stutter pretty badly transitioning between menu items.

So, for fanart, JPEGS are fine? But for menu backdrops i should use BMP's?

If so, can i simply use irfan view to convert them from JPEG to BMP and that's all i need to do?
Bingo! :-)

Actually, I haven't tried converting my fanart to bmps as well but I imagine using jpeg's for fanart is part of the reason the showcase views stutter so badly with fanart turned on...
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Ok...Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu background from library?0