[Apple TV] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the ATV
Big Grin 
Hi,

As of 12/03/11
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TVJAOMQ4

Use this for Dharma 10.x, it is a version of aeon mq2 that works well under atv1&2

Cheers,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 03/05/09

http://www.mediafire.com/?jyoeaqm3zkt

+ Multiplex view
+ Light/Night
+ etc see auriga branch on github

Here you go...

(25/04/09) As of this morning's auriga version - a minimized apple tv version.

All I did is to resize all pngs in media folder to 50% and thumbs folder in the media folder to 70%(but this can be left as is).

Enjoy and let me know what issues you can find.

I will be doing this on a regular basis (hopefully time permitting).

Big Grin http://www.mediafire.com/?tmozzyoyjmh

All you need to do is to extract the download and upload to appletv to you skin dir, it has fonts.

Cheers from Australia and keep up the fantastic work xbmc team and djh!!
Ilia

PS.
Link to corrent original thumbs folder - you can upload and overwrite the one in the media folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?kinnztyjhyo or get it at github
thank you so much for this! now hopefully we can have an optimized version of Aeon Auriga that will run smooth as butter! Smile Can't wait to give this a try!
Ilia, wow this works great! Smile You did an awesome job, this version is actually a night and day difference from the xbox lite version. Amazing! Now Auriga is useable on the AppleTV! Smile

One question. When I am using the list view under movies, I get a pop up saying 'operation not permitted' when i scroll up or down. Any ideas. This only happens in Auriga, even the original version and paul's version. So I am not sure what the problem is, do you have this problem on yours?

Thanks again for making us AppleTV users happy! Smile
No problems..

Not sure about your error, I dont get that error at all. Does this happen in other skins? if so try the apple tv threads in this forum + your logs. I dont really use the list view for movies anyway - showcase is so much better.
Thank you for doing this!!! Ilia, this is really great - Seems to run even better than the other "Stark Lite" iterations that have been focused on the Xbox.

Really nice work, I hope you will continue to tweak it. Right out of the box, it seems to be easily the fastest of the Next Gen skins on my ATV.

Did you turn off Zoom effects on your ATV to speed it even further? Any other recommendations on settings for this skin or XBMC in general for ATV would be great. It's still not super slick smooth but I figure I'd need a Mac Mini to do that.
works great for me! thanks!
BDPNA Wrote:Did you turn off Zoom effects on your ATV to speed it even further? Any other recommendations on settings for this skin or XBMC in general for ATV would be great. It's still not super slick smooth but I figure I'd need a Mac Mini to do that.

It all depends how many movies/tv shows you are viewing at once. I usually use the "recent" option for movies/tv shows and view them in showcase (without fanart works best, but you can still use it) and I flatten the movies. I also increased the cache.

Mac mini is good but poses other problems like needing a keyboard/mouse and no digital audio.

I will try to do an update once djh finalized the new multiplex view. So stay tuned.

Ilia
Increasing the cache, I'll try that - What size do you have yours set to?

I'm considering a Mac Mini for the future -- I think you can do the standard audio out and convert it to Toslink audio with a cable, and do the DVI to HDMI - Not the one cable solution of the ATV tho. And I think it uses the same remote as the ATV so that's no issue there (though I guess you at least would need mouse/KB to set it up like you say).

I do like the simplicity of the ATV, just wish it had more horsepower for playing HD content.
Not sure will need to check when I get home..
Yes, Ilia thank you a lot for taking the time to optimized this for us AppleTV users of Aeon Auriga. Simply the most amazing skin ever. Smile I too also hope there will be frequent updates. Thank you once again Smile
I am using an Apple TV and would like to try this skin.

I copied the _MACOSX version of the files into my skin folder
on the ATV. It shows up in my skins list but when I choose it, it says it
is an incompatible version and that it must be version 2.0 or greater to
use....

I am running Babylon version of XBMC.

Where did I go wrong?
JDizzy Wrote:I am using an Apple TV and would like to try this skin.

I copied the _MACOSX version of the files into my skin folder
on the ATV. It shows up in my skins list but when I choose it, it says it
is an incompatible version and that it must be version 2.0 or greater to
use....

I am running Babylon version of XBMC.

Where did I go wrong?

Please make sure that u copied the correct files accross.. check the other skins for the folder structure..

This error happens if u missed some files or copied it incorrectly..
I like this a lot.

But quitting XBMC with an apple remote?

Ut oh.
garyi Wrote:I like this a lot.

But quitting XBMC with an apple remote?

Ut oh.

The menu to quit is disabled by default on Aeon. You have to enable it under the skin options
Ilia Wrote:Please make sure that u copied the correct files accross.. check the other skins for the folder structure..

This error happens if u missed some files or copied it incorrectly..

Thanks!
I copied the wrong folder over....
I am using the Apple TV remote and find I can not do much. Is anyone else using this remote and is there any way around not being able to use the 'S'
button?
Lastly, the screen to enable many of the graphics is grayed out. I have tried many buttons on the remote but for some reason can not get to these settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the ATV2