[Apple TV] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the ATV
I all,

I planed to by an appleTV but I would like to know if it runs the amazing aeon stark,thx to DJH !!! ( i assume so due to this thread ) and if it runs 1080p movie.

Thx all
I installed this version of the skin last night on my Apple TV (Launcher 3.0 and the latest beta) and it works quite well. On par w/ the latest Mediastream that I was using before.

Thank you!
I0ghan: As far as 1080p and Apple TV you can "output (i.e. upscape 720p and below content to 1080p)" 1080p to the display. But, generally speaking it cannot playback native 1080p files. 720P content is the most it is capable of doing smoothly. I've heard some people say it can do 1080p but only at very low data rates 5MB/s. If you're using XBMC mainly as a DVD library (480p), you will have very smooth playback of video.

For playback of 1080p/i (blu-ray or TV HD), the mac mini or pc running linux XBMC will be a better option.
BDPNA Wrote:Increasing the cache, I'll try that - What size do you have yours set to?

I'm considering a Mac Mini for the future -- I think you can do the standard audio out and convert it to Toslink audio with a cable, and do the DVI to HDMI - Not the one cable solution of the ATV tho. And I think it uses the same remote as the ATV so that's no issue there (though I guess you at least would need mouse/KB to set it up like you say).

I do like the simplicity of the ATV, just wish it had more horsepower for playing HD content.
The Mac mini has a audio port that doubles as BOTH a standard headphone jack and optical/TOSLINK jack.

You can use a cable like this for stereo audio:
http://www.mo no price.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

OR use a special optical cable miniplug to toslink like this:
http://www.mo no price.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022902&p_id=1557&seq=1&format=2

The optical cable supports all surround sound formats that a normal optical supports namely Dolby Digital and DTS. As for the new blu-ray high def sound formats, optical is not capable of that type of bandwidth. They only come through HDMI. As audio via HDMI on the mac is not supported yet(as far as I know), mac users SOL on that front.

The newly release mac mini has MUCH better graphics performance than it's predecessor. It uses the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M which is a big improvement over the earlier chipset with hardware support for a dual monitor or in my case monitor and TV setup.
* NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 128MB or 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
* Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on a DVI or VGA display; up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on a dual-link DVI display using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
* Mini-DVI port
* DVI output using Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter (included)
* VGA output using Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
* Mini DisplayPort output
My current setup is a DVI computer monitor for my main display and using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and outputing 1080p to my JVC 1080p tv. Works like a charm.

The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter can be found here:
http://www.mo no price.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=5311&seq=1&format=2
^ see first post
Thanks again for this.

Is there a sensible way to leave a movie though? All I can seem to do is hold play until it goes back to the menu, but the audio continues until I pick something else?

Why he did not put a stop button in is beyond me.
Well I mapped my stop button on play+hold on the remote in the Keymap.xml.. try that
Ilia Wrote:^ see first post

getting an error trying to download new version from mediafire. not sure if its their fault or not.
try again... it just worked fine for me
Ilia Wrote:try again... it just worked fine for me

good deal working now, just a fluke i guess.. skin's working good. nice job.
Does this version have the new Multiplex view? If not, any plans on adding it?

And what about any of the cool mods coming out like the Trailers mod:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49915
This has multiplex view..

No mods, can be applied at your own discretion..
not sure if this is a hardware limitation or if I have some crucial setting lost?

PM3.HD runs great at 720p, not a problem anywhere

Aeon runs like a dog, super slow, menu transitions freeze and shudder.

is this just the way it is or are there some skin settings to speed this baby up?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.
Spence Wrote:not sure if this is a hardware limitation or if I have some crucial setting lost?

PM3.HD runs great at 720p, not a problem anywhere

Aeon runs like a dog, super slow, menu transitions freeze and shudder.

is this just the way it is or are there some skin settings to speed this baby up?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.
The stock skin will not run well on your stock atv it simply does not have the juice to run it as it is it needs streamlining like i did for the xbox there is another thread on here for you apple atv boys and gals with a modified Aeon_auriga skin or you can have a look at what i have done it may work for you http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47994
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:The stock skin will not run well on your stock atv it simply does not have the juice to run it as it is it needs streamlining like i did for the xbox there is another thread on here for you apple atv boys and gals with a modified Aeon_auriga skin or you can have a look at what i have done it may work for you http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47994

Aeon is a fantastic skin, however it is just not coded for xbox or atv. I love the Horizonz mod that Paul did. It is possible to code a skin with looks and functionality of Aeon that will run smoothly on xbox, but Aeon is nto the case. We are trying to retrofit it and I am about to give up on it. I am going to try to fix a few things on Horizonz and call it a day. I would love to run Aeon on xbox but unless DJH takes a crack at a version for xbox or some other very talented coder, I just think it will not happen. It is amazing what Jezz_X accomplishes and gets to run so smoothly on xbox. I look forward to his two "in progress" skins. I am hoping that Ellipsis for Xbox will run smooth as well.

Paul has done an amazing job, but some things need to be done on the code side in order for this to run well.

I hope for the day I can run a version of this without memory issues on my xbox, but it is not likely.

Good Luck to all and thanks for all who are trying ot get this to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the ATV2