full screen on second monitor
OSX Version: 10.5.6
Platform Mac: PowerMac PPC 2.7 dual (8GB RAM)
Install Method: drag and drop
SVN Revision: 9.04-beta1 r19578M
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:
1-Launch XBMC
2-open Settings, Appearance, Screen
3-set resolution to full screen #2
4-Quit XBMC

When launch again the screen goes black for less than a second, then the XBMC screen appear in a window on screen #1, and the XBMC screen floats above everything else.

My primary monitor is an Apple 23". My secondary monitor is a Sony 720 TV via DVI.

Any ideas?
AllanMarcus Wrote:OSX Version: 10.5.6
Platform Mac: PowerMac PPC 2.7 dual (8GB RAM)
Install Method: drag and drop
SVN Revision: 9.04-beta1 r19578M
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:
1-Launch XBMC
2-open Settings, Appearance, Screen
3-set resolution to full screen #2
4-Quit XBMC

When launch again the screen goes black for less than a second, then the XBMC screen appear in a window on screen #1, and the XBMC screen floats above everything else.

My primary monitor is an Apple 23". My secondary monitor is a Sony 720 TV via DVI.

Any ideas?

Same problem here, very annoying, because I have to get up from my couch to set it up proper again on my iMac.
I thought this was the way it was? Always has been on XBMC for me anyhow, always launches in the primary monitor and has to be dragged over to the second screen
yes, this is an issue that will not be fixed until after 9.04 release as we are in feature freeze and fixing this will require a re-factoring of the display handling code.

You could always move the osx menu bar to the 2nd screen. This then becomes the primary and XBMC will startup on it.
davilla,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately having my menu bar on my sony TV across the room isn't very practical for me. I'm extremely grateful XMBC now runs on PPC and I thank you and the development team for great work. I look forward to having it start on the 2 monitor as a feature of a future version.

Thanks,

Allan
Hi!

I'm in the same situation... Is there any news on the subject??

Thanks for an otherwise amazing app!
+1 for this when someone is available to take a look. iMac here with external TV. I tried the latest SVN to see if someone had taken a look yet, and the answer is not that I could tell, and it really freaked my Mac out! There's a first for everything Wink Thank you for you effort!
+1 for this feature as well. I am trying to setup xbmc on my mac book pro to run full screen on TV connected via DVI adapter. An ideal setup would be - if 2 screens, then start full screen on 2nd, if just one (i.e. tv is not connected) start full screen on the first one. I like XMBC a lot, well done!
This will be a great feature, Plex has this but unfortunately Plex is goofy in other areas so I'll just do the "launch and drag to 2nd window" routine for now in XBMC.
I believe this functions fine in SVN now. Thus, no need for any goofiness Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
full screen on second monitor0