auriga and stark... Are they any different?
Sorry if i am just so under knowledged here. After playing both for two days, I can't really say i noticed anything significantly different between the two. In fact they look exactly the same... Way of Navigations are the same, display modes are the same, and etc... Am i not seeing something here...

Also, I am not sure if what i saw from a teaser is what i think it is.. i understand those drop pictures(fanart?) works ramdomly. But from some fo the screen shots, i saw some of them have thumbnail(cover) have their respective fanart displayed in the background.. For example, if the movie 300 thumb is being active(middle) in cover flow, the whole background(fanart??) is 300 as well.. Is that purely coincidence or there is a such functionality in aeon as you flip the cover, backgound changes accordingly?

Thanks and I am a noob as you can tell... Big Grin
There are fairly major differences between stark and auriga.

There is a new list view and multiplex view in auriga, a new submenu for most of the home menu options, new tags etc.

As for the fanart, when you add things to your library xbmc downloads a thumb and a fanart image for each movie, so yes the fanart should correspond with the selected movie.

There is information about this throughout these forums aswell as in the manual and wiki so try searching rather than asking such simple questions Smile
I thought it was a way for him to separate beta from release.

No?
thanks for the info. So wouldn't be too off to consider auriga as higher ver. of stark then. I thought the opposite.. As for the fanart thing, I did search, my searching skill isn't that polished as i am pretty new to this forum.. i just couldn't come up with what i was looking for.. According to faq and tip, no manual is present at this moment for aeon skin, if you know a way of obtaining one, please direct me where i can get it...
brandensin Wrote:thanks for the info. So wouldn't be too off to consider auriga as higher ver. of stark then. I thought the opposite.. As for the fanart thing, I did search, my searching skill isn't that polished as i am pretty new to this forum.. i just couldn't come up with what i was looking for.. According to faq and tip, no manual is present at this moment for aeon skin, if you know a way of obtaining one, please direct me where i can get it...

Stark is the officially released version and assumed to be more stable. Auriga is the new version currently only in beta. Auriga is much better and there arent really any issues with it.

There isn't a manual for aeon but I believe there is something about fanart in the xbmc wiki http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual.
My apologies if i'm wrong.
Thanks for your help.. not much luck so far... just one more question.. For that function/effect to work, you will have to use library view instead of file view, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auriga and stark... Are they any different?0