Anyway to get Flags working without nfo files?
I have all my movies thrown into one folder. And i hate how cluttered everything becomes when i add extra files like NFOs, TBNs, etc...

Is there anyway to get full media flags working without the use of nfo files?

thx

-Ash-
well if you want to go add the studio to your filename, then i suppose you could attempt to get a regex working like that, but doing that is MUCH more work than running a simple batch script to move all your movies to their own folder, then running something like mip.

--FF
You'd have to edit the Includes_MediaFlags.xml to look for tags in filenames rather than in the <studio> tag.

For example, replace everything that says "listitem.studio,6ch' with 'listitem.filename,6ch" and do the same with all the other tags. Of course, you'd have to change all your filenames too..
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
I was in a similar situation and wanted the flags info to all be read from my nfo files and nothing from the filenames.

Very quick and easy to use the find and replace function in Notepad++.

Get notepad++ from: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=102072

Browse to XBMC - skin - aeon - 720p

Open Includes_MediaFlags.xml with notepad plus

Ctrl F

Find: listitem.studio,

Replace: listitem.filename,

Save it and then make sure youve got all info in filename
e.g. Meet.Dave.BluRay.1080p.6ch.DTS.Fox

Basically same as last reply but a bit more detailed Smile

Good luck.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:I was in a similar situation and wanted the flags info to all be read from my nfo files and nothing from the filenames.

Very quick and easy to use the find and replace function in Notepad++.

Get notepad++ from: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=102072

Browse to XBMC - skin - aeon - 720p

Open Includes_MediaFlags.xml with notepad plus

Ctrl F

Find: listitem.studio,

Replace: listitem.filename,

Save it and then make sure youve got all info in filename
e.g. Meet.Dave.BluRay.1080p.6ch.DTS.Fox

Basically same as last reply but a bit more detailed Smile

Good luck.

There are empty tags on the info, what is each one for

1. Resolution ?
2. Amount of audio channels ?
3. Sound format ? (what is Dolby Digital 5.1, AC3 ?)
4. Studio ?
mug2k Wrote:There are empty tags on the info, what is each one for

1. Resolution ?
2. Amount of audio channels ?
3. Sound format ? (what is Dolby Digital 5.1, AC3 ?)
4. Studio ?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but i'll have a go.

The original release of aeon stark included a text file with the tags and what they look for.

By default aeon looks in the file name for the source e.g. BluRay, dvd etc. and in the <studio> tags in the .nfo for the studio, resolution and sound. You can also put the mpaa rating in the mpaa tag in the nfo although xbmc does this for you in most cases.

You can use the process I talked about in my last post to make aeon read everything from the filename or the same thing in reverse (as I have done) to make it read everything form the studio tags.

So for example using the default set up (using a movie from bluray with 5.1 dolby digital sound):

Filename: MovieName.BluRay.mkv

Studio tags: <studio>20th Century Fox / 1080p / 6ch / AC-3</studio>

Using my all in studio tag setup:

Filename: MovieName.mkv

Studio tags: <studio>20th Century Fox / BluRay / 1080p / 6ch / AC-3</studio>

Read everything from filename set up:

Filename: MovieName.BluRay.1080p.6ch.AC-3.Fox.mkv

I know I ramble on a bit which makes it quite confusing but if you have any other questions i'd be happy to try and clear them up.

Also if you want the original text file containing the tag look ups then pm me with your email address.
All the nfo files do is allow xbmc to pull the extra studio data into the database, which is where Aeon reads it from.

You could just directly edit MyVideos34.db to update the studio fields. Use a program like SQLiteSpy for Windows to do it.

As far as clutter, I know what you mean. I like keeping posters and fanart stored locally, as well as subtitles and such and it was a huge mess with everything being in a single folder so I recently moved each movie to their own individual directory. Things look a lot cleaner in explorer now.

LaTropa64 Wrote:Image

Thats alot of films dude, loving the way those folders look. Is that Vista ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to get Flags working without nfo files?0