attn: djh, possible bugs in aeon auriga
hello djh, not sure if you received any of my messages concerning the "operation not permitted" pop up window while using LIST view in movies,, showcase, stripshow view in pictures?

I am not sure what is causing it, but i believe this to be a skin specific problem. I tried posting this in the appletv forum and one of the developers of xbmc believes that its a problem with the skin and not xbmc. I even tried reinstalling a fresh copy of xbmc and starting all over from scratch as well.

In my xbmc log it reports something about

21:26:45 T:54008832 M: 42811392 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DialogInfo
21:26:45 T:54008832 M: 42819584 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.1.4/Storage'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'
21:26:45 T:54008832 M: 42819584 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: smb://192.168.1.4/Storage/Media/Movies/27 Dresses (2008)/movie.tbn Error: (2)
21:26:45 T:54008832 M: 42819584 ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://192.168.1.4/Storage/Media/Movies/27 Dresses (2008)/movie.tbn
21:26:45 T:54008832 M: 42819584 DEBUG: staticThread, deleting thread graphic context
21:26:45 T:54008832 M: 42819584 DEBUG: Thread 54008832 terminating

the movie.tbn file exists when the log says it doesn't. I know for a fact it exists, because the movie thumbnail image actually loads up while in list view. but then it pops up with the 'operation not permitted' window everytime i scroll to switch movies. Sad any idea to what the problem might be that is causing this? I am dying to get this to work because I really love the list view. I am using the MIP app to create my movie thumbnails, fanart and nfo files. Not sure if its incorrectly writing something wrong in the .nfo file that is causing this?
^
It looks to me like a smb issue.. what i suggest u do is backup ur Database folder in ur userdata dir and put a couple of local movie on the appletv and try rebuilding the database with just those movies.. see if that gives u the same error. If it doesnt that means that some of ur permissions on the machine that has all the movies are wrong, check the share + security privileges on it.

You could also install a local copy of xbmc on the machine that has all ur movies and with the same skin - see if it shows the same error.. to me this seems to be a network issue according to your logs.

Thats all I can think of.
Good luck
Ilia... I have xbmc installed on my mbp also, and have no problems at all accessing my same samba share. so I am not sure why my appletv is. It's been bugging me. I even tried deleting xbmc off my atv and reinstalling it from scratch with a fresh copy, and new database and all. Performed a scan for my movies and went into list view, scroll up and down, same problem... Sad it is driving me nuts. I don't see how it can be a permission problem though since I am able to use it w/o any problems on my mbp and my local machine.

Is there a specific setting on the atv, xbmc or skin that I am unaware of? I believe I have the latest version of xbmc and launcher 3 installed. Not sure what else it might be.
hmmmm... that is weird... might be a memory issue. Have u tried reseting the appletv completely and updating it.. pretty much start from scratch.

The other option I can give you is to not use list view.. showcase is quite nice..

Ilia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
attn: djh, possible bugs in aeon auriga0