A crash, some scraper problems, entering manual info problems and subtitles problems
forgive me if this is a lot of problems in one post, ill seperate them with a bar, these are all problems with a XBMC that was downloaded this morning using the autoupdate utility (but it was still a fresh install)

==================================================

The music video scrapers

the MTV scraper appears to have stopped working... log from a search using the MTV scraper

the yahoo music video scraper works for most part, however it fudges at random things

try use it to get info for "(Hed) P.E. - Suffa". it wont find it. If you set it to manually find "(Hed) P.E." it will find several, one listed as "(Hed) P.E. - Suffa (2008)" which is unusual itself.. now choose that song and it will instead enter the info for the wrong song (some ooba whatever song) this seems to be random and i cant think of any other songs right now it is doing that for, but i am in the process of going through my list so can add more for comparism

Manually adding to the library

when manually adding anything to the library, after inputting a name you are given a window to choose genres.. it appears to list only movie genres, (not a problem i just chose new genre) it says info entered etc.. however it is entered in the movie section of my library. there dosnt seem to be any choice or way to put it in which section of scraped info you want

360 controllers crash

i saw the post about 360 controllers crashing xbmc, however the post is long buried and nobodys replied for some time to say whether its fixed for them or not.. plus the problem there seems to be only wireless controllers, whereas mine is a wired

this crash happens regardless of whether XBMC has actually been setup to use the controller (by putting the name in keymap), im using XBCD 0.2.6 as the driver, and it is a wired controller connected to my front USB port. it only crashes when the right bumper is pushed (the big one, that fast scrolls through lists) it works fine in anything else i use it for. Here is 2 logs

XBMC setup NOT to use controller, crashed when pressing right bumper

XBMC setup to use controller, trying all buttons, crashed when pressing right bumper

Subtitle problems

i have had the same problems since the recent thread about random subtitles being borked for a long time, sub and idx would never work, and random srt files would just do nothing at all.. they would all work in any other media player fine (id either use that player or just download another one) however it seems they have all stopped working for me now

here is a copy of the srt file which i used with my movie beerfest, and here is the log copied straight after i selected the subtitle
just a few extra things to add to post..

my actual version of XBMC at the time was 19695
its on Windows XP with all up to date via microsoft update

the MTV scraper appears to be fixed in newest revisions Smile

can we please have a folder in the music video library that shows both the artist and song title.. eg "A Perfect Circle - Passive" or is there any other way to get this?

the Yahoo music video scraper appears to only SOMETIMES have problems with the ' character.. it will display @#39; instead.. do "Blink 182 - Adam's Song" to see it or "Marilyn Manson - I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)...(however there are some songs which pick up ' in it all fine, for instance "The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A crash, some scraper problems, entering manual info problems and subtitles problems0