• 5(current)
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos")
hikaricore Wrote:I personally have 267 shows. :p
This is gonna take awhile.

267 shows!?!?! You're talking individual shows, not just seasons?

That's a lot Shocked
ethan_9219 Wrote:267 shows!?!?! You're talking individual shows, not just seasons?

That's a lot Shocked

Yes individual shows.
So for those who were complaining on the main thread that they just couldn't managed to change all their art over, if I can do it, anyone can. Tongue
I have a few more images for shows but they're not uploading properly.
They fit the size requirements but aren't showing up on the page...
it would be nice if thetvdb atleast gave you a warning for what it thinks is wrong with the files when you send them. >.>
hikaricore Wrote:I personally have 267 shows. :p
This is gonna take awhile.

278 over here :p:p:p

And i juuuuuust finished converting from banners to posters.

Anyway, if my girlfriend decides to leave me and move out because i'm
"playing with TV Show pictures in photoshop again" as she puts it, i'm blaming
Duncan! Laugh
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Lol!
How do you both get so many? Took a lot of time, at least?
Let's hope you have a substantial backup as you must have more than a few TB's
of drive space i would hate to lose than amount of data and not have a back up
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Since all my other posters are now in the first post (thanks) I will add new ones as new posts as they come.

Cold Case (hard to find a good cold case font, I hope this will suffice)
Lie to Me
In Plain Sight
Flashpoint
parrots Wrote:As we're all just getting started with making these it might be nice to use this thread to let others known when you've added one for a show so we don't have to keep checking every show on thetvdb for updates. We're all jumping to get our libraries updated for this new view so having one thread to share updates should move things along quicker.

The idea is to upload new thumbs to thetvdb.com as fanart, at normal fanart resolution. TheTVDB is going to implement the ability to flag these "fanarts with logos" sometime so we can integrate into XBMC.

How To Use:
Grab the image you want and save it as folder.jpg in the show's folder. Then, when you go into the TV show's info in XBMC and hit "thumb" to pick the thumbnail, the image will show up as local thumb at the bottom of the list.

FernFerret's talks with thetvdb.com crew will open the way for XBMC to link in and display specific fanarts as remote thumbs, like it does banners and posters right now. It will require an update to thetvdb.com (which they're willing to do it seems), and an update to XBMC's code (which shouldn't be much), so for now the best way is to just add them as folder.jpg.

Guidelines for making thumbs:
16:9 ratio (same as normal fanart), 720p or larger. Text/logo should be easy to read when in Multiplex view (remember scales down to ~300x200ish). Good examples: 1, 2, 3. Upload to http://thetvdb.com and share!

Thumbs So Far:
(compiled from all users posting to thetvdb.com up to page 4 post 39)

Great Job keeping this post up to date!

Also, Has anyone been able to get the season thumbs to work in aeon without using MIP or other such program? Whenever I set a season thumb, it sets the series thumb. Is this a problem with AEON or XBMC?

EDIT: They say something should be in place within the week!
Quote:I'm kinda just waiting till I sort out exactly how we do it. It should be in place sometime within the week though.

We can always do both options as well. Have the option to do an overlay but still allow text images. Although if I do that I think we'd have to be more picky about the text images. Like only allow them if they actually are different from what the overlay would produce.

I'll most likely just add the tag for text images and call it a day for now. Sort out the overlay issue with the new site, it kinda stinks though since that means lots of work would get deleted once the overlay is in place if we do decide to go that way.

--FF
OK, in preperation for the XBMC integration, since we are in feature freeze, and only critical bugs are being fixed... How does this fare with developers?

Are you against coding this for 9.04?
2 more

The Tudors

There's some that i can't upload to thetvdb, it seems to upload but they didn't show Huh
A few alternatives:
Bones
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Dollhouse

And some new ones:
Castle (2009)
Prison Break
Prison Break (2)
Prison Break (3)
I've posted this on the TVdb forum as well -

Quote:I personally think they should be completely separate from Fanart (called something like Wide Poster as they're not meant as backdrops) and even see if we can get them an extra label for XBMC to scan to the library.
This will allow people to use different views in skins without having to entirely re-do their complete posters collection each time.

Thoughts?

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?...4320#p4320
Hitcher Wrote:I've posted this on the TVdb forum as well -

I agree with this.

It also means that they don't have to store high res versions of them, because lets be honest, they don't need to be that large do they??
Hitcher Wrote:I've posted this on the TVdb forum as well -

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. That way we could create proper TV show thumbs which are easy to read, rather than ones where the text is too small, which I'm thinking maybe some of these may be? It would mean having another image file in the same folder as the TV show, but at least it could be a small image, and not 720p or 1080p?!

Anyway, maybe this is a little off topic - apologies.
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos")6