• 4(current)
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos")
parrots Wrote:Yeah, it wasn't too bad to compile them all together. I'll try to keep it up to date (probably everytime we roll over to a new page I'll update first post).

Shall we make it sort of a thread rule then that each contributor only have 1 post per page and just edit it to add move shows. This way it will be much easier for you to keep on top of what is being added.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Shall we make it sort of a thread rule then that each contributor only have 1 post per page and just edit it to add move shows. This way it will be much easier for you to keep on top of what is being added.

Honestly either way it's still right click copy link etc etc for me. Easy enough to track if I just update the first post once per new page. Plus thread rules tend to get forgotten after a page or two.
Alrightey then Smile

The IT Crowd
Angel
Just out of interest, why such big thumbnails? Mine are 541x305 and even that seems a bit excessive for such a small browser. Or are you future-proofing in case someone makes a view with larger requirements?
hikaricore Wrote:Being Human

*updated larger text*

parrots Wrote:One suggestion @hikaricore -- make sure the text is nice and big (or medium size but high contrast). Remember how these are going to be viewed: as approximately 300x200 thumbs on TVs. Really tiny text won't show up at all.

I've made the text larger but I don't want to get too carried away because I want it to
look like it fits in the the other banners for this series which sport minimalistic bits of text. ^_^
djh_ Wrote:Just out of interest, why such big thumbnails? Mine are 541x305 and even that seems a bit excessive for such a small browser. Or are you future-proofing in case someone makes a view with larger requirements?

As you said future proof and also so that we can upload to the fanart section of thetvdb without any complaints.
djh_ Wrote:Just out of interest, why such big thumbnails? Mine are 541x305 and even that seems a bit excessive for such a small browser. Or are you future-proofing in case someone makes a view with larger requirements?

Part of it was I wasn't sure what kind of design you were going to make for the info screen. You like hi-res art (and that's why we like your skin) so wanted to make sure we wouldn't be screwed redoing everything if the new TV info page wanted nice big thumbs.

Also since we're using the tvdb's fanart section to store them we probably can't get away with anything smaller than ~720p since it still needs to make suitable fanart.
Fair enough. Just don't set your thumbnail cache size to match or you'll have chug-o-vision.
djh_ Wrote:Fair enough. Just don't set your thumbnail cache size to match or you'll have chug-o-vision.

Where exactly do you set the size of the cache? because I'm currently getting some serious lag in the top level of tv shows although I think its something to do with the fanart/info pane.
The Legend of Neil
djh_ Wrote:Fair enough. Just don't set your thumbnail cache size to match or you'll have chug-o-vision.

Any recommendations on a better way to go about this? Not having to do fanart-worthy sized images would make things a bit easier I'm sure.

TheTVDB seemed like the logical distribution so you wouldn't have to keep updating a thumb archive on aeon's site, but for a show the only thing that's 16x9 is fanart.

So far I haven't hit any lag issues (default settings), with about 24 or so of these new thumbs loaded.
Six Feet Under
.hack//sign
Cowboy Bebop
Dennou Coil
Doctor Horrible's Sing-along Blog
Ergo Proxy
Escaflowne
Trigun

Maybe halfway done my library at this point?Confused
I personally have 267 shows. :p
This is gonna take awhile.
  • 4(current)