[ATV] WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DialogInfo
i am getting this error when running Aeon Auriga on AppleTV (2.3.1) with xbmc babylon 0.9.4 beta1, launcher 3.0

Can someone please explain and help me fix this. I already tried contacting the author of the skin and posted in the skin thread and got no luck in any replies.

I'm not sure if this is a specific problem for ATV or the skin... I don't believe its xbmc. It doesn't happen with any other skin. I've reinstalled twice and started over from scratch and rebuild my movies library and still get this "operation not permitted" when using the list view to scroll up or down.

Not sure if its a memory problem or what. But I've ran several builds of Aeon Auriga and I still get the same problem. It works fine on my MacBook Pro though.

So I know it's not my network setup. I am sharing my media via SMB. Anyone please. I am getting desperate. Sad
turbinez Wrote:i am getting this error when running Aeon Auriga on AppleTV.

Can someone please explain and help me fix this. I already tried contacting the author of the skin and posted in the skin thread and got no luck in any replies.

I'm not sure if this is a specific problem for ATV or the skin... I don't believe its xbmc. I've reinstalled twice and started over from scratch and rebuild my movies library and still get this "operation not permitted" when using the list view to scroll up or down.

Not sure if its a memory problem or what. But I've ran several builds of Aeon Auriga and I still get the same problem. It works fine on my MacBook Pro though.

So I know it's not my network setup. I am sharing my media via SMB. Anyone please. I am getting desperate. Sad

PM3.hd is the official skin, please test using this skin, if the problem still exists, then post the logs.

If not, then this is a skin issue and needs to be addressed by the skin author.

EDIT: see -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=Auriga

this has come up before.
Its a skin issue for sure
it just means somewhere in the skin he has the text <include>DialogInfo</include> but he either deleted that include or never added it in the first place. It is purely harmless (unless of course you installed the skin wrong and its missing bits and generating the error)
ok i did a lot of testing and found something weird in the xbmc.log files

i think i am getting this operation not permitted error because in the xbmc log it is trying to access my samba share on my desktop computer without the username and password. Here take a look at what i pulled from the log file.

01:22:10 T:53484032 M: 8577024 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: smb://192.168.1.75/Storage/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/movie.tbn Error: (2)
01:22:10 T:53484032 M: 8577024 ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://192.168.1.75/Storage/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/movie.tbn

----------------------

So i tried making a movies folder on my other computer (laptop) instead and shared it via samba, and it works fine. So i dug into the xbmc.log to see what was going on and found this:

01:06:24 T:2684407808 M: 16076800 DEBUG: GetMovieId (smb://kwon:[email protected]/kwon/Desktop/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/A Charlie Brown Christmas 1965 25 mins (By S-Touch).avi), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=991
01:06:25 T:2684407808 M: 16297984 DEBUG: GetMusicVideoId (smb://kwon:[email protected]/kwon/Desktop/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/A Charlie Brown Christmas 1965 25 mins (By S-Touch).avi), query = select idMVideo from musicvideo where idFile=991

This time in the log file it shows the smb share string with my username and password along with the IP... but the other one doesn't. So this is why I think is causing the "operation not permitted" problem. Any ideas why the other one didn't include the username and password in the smb share string? I even went into edit source and it shows the proper smb://username:mypassword@ip, but when i look at the logs, it doesn't apply it. Very strange and i can't figure out why.
the author of the skin said it wasn't a skin problem, this is what he said

"This has nothing to do with the problem you're having. That error is entirely incidental to skin operations. If you're using Plex, please take this problem to the Plex forums. If you're using XBMC for Mac, I don't have any knowledge of the platform but maybe someone else can help you."

if it's not a skin problem, it has to be something a problem with xbmc...
turbinez Wrote:the author of the skin said it wasn't a skin problem, this is what he said

"This has nothing to do with the problem you're having. That error is entirely incidental to skin operations. If you're using Plex, please take this problem to the Plex forums. If you're using XBMC for Mac, I don't have any knowledge of the platform but maybe someone else can help you."

if it's not a skin problem, it has to be something a problem with xbmc...

Sounds like the author is writing the skin for plex usage only and there's nothing we can do about that. Jezz_X has already replied that is a skin issues and I trust him as he is involved with writing skins. Since this does not occur with pm3.hd or mediastream, then there's not much we can do about the problem.
the skin isn't for plex, its for xbmc... i am getting one person saying its xbmc and the other saying its the skin. and I really don't know where else to get help with this strange problem. Others who are running xbmc on appletv and using the aeon auriga skin has no such problem and I'v been trying to figure out why I am. It's a very strange and unexplainable problem. I know it has to do with the SMB shares and networking. Because I do not have this problem at all from my copy of xbmc with the skin on my macbook pro accessing my samba share. But with appletv and xbmc the problem exists. Sad

I will try to post a more recent log soon.
turbinez Wrote:the skin isn't for plex, its for xbmc... i am getting one person saying its xbmc and the other saying its the skin. and I really don't know where else to get help with this strange problem. Others who are running xbmc on appletv and using the aeon auriga skin has no such problem and I'v been trying to figure out why I am. It's a very strange and unexplainable problem. I know it has to do with the SMB shares and networking. Because I do not have this problem at all from my copy of xbmc with the skin on my macbook pro accessing my samba share. But with appletv and xbmc the problem exists. Sad

I will try to post a more recent log soon.

"Others who are running xbmc on appletv and using the aeon auriga skin has no such problem" Details matter, what versions are they running, how do they have smb setup (global username/password, URL embedded or prompting". Without this info, such a statement is useless.
Let me give you the details on my xmbc setup.

AppleTV (2.3.1), Aeon Auriga, Launcher 3.0, I also have NitoTV installed if that makes a difference. XBMC babylon 0.9.4 beta 1

All my media is located on my PowerMac G5. I have 2 internal HDD in there. I have the media stored on my 2nd HD... On that drive theres a folder called Media and inside I have: Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, Music, Pictures. I have File sharing turned on, and activated SMB. Under my xbmc settings for my Aeon Auriga skin I have added the an SMB source with the IP and username/password. I left all the path blank. so my source shows up as smb://192.168.1.x this way when i select it i can navigate thru my folders and select what I need.

I have xmbc installed on my laptop as well. MacBook Pro. My xbmc has no such problems using the Aeon Auriga skin and accessing the media using List view, I do not get this strange "operation not permitted" pop up when i scroll thru my movies.

But when I am using xbmc on my appletv it gives me that message. I am using the same exact samba share to access. So I am not sure why I am getting this message when using XBMC on my ATV and not my macbook pro.

I did some further testing by copying a few movie files onto my laptop and sharing via SMB and then using XBMC from my ATV to access those movies using the same Aeon Auriga skin in List view and no such errors. So this is why I am so puzzled to what it might be. If there is any more information you need I will be glad to provide you with them. I really want to get this issue sorted out.
http://pastebin.com/m6a4503a7

This is a log when i switched views from showcase to the troublesome LIST view in Aeon Auriga. It looks like it's unable to find my smb share. It doesn't include the username and password in the smb:// string. Perhaps this is the problem that explains why it says operation not permitted because this particular view is leaving out the username and password when accessing the SMB share? If so how do i go about fixing this?

shouldn't the string look like smb://username:mypassword@ip? if you notice it doesn't show that in the log.

If you need a complete log I have it located here
It's really, really simple. The skin is using listitem.filenameandpath which is an INFO label - it is designed to display the information in the UI. Thus, the username and password are (understandably) stripped.

The skin is then using this as a base for a thumbnail to load.

I've said it a million times: Skins should not be doing this, as it will not always work.

I can understand that skinners ignore this advice, as they want things to look fancy, so they do these hacks to acheive what works for them. Unfortunately, it doesn't work all the time, and is generally not the way things should be done.

In your case it's fixable: Set a default username and password for your smb shares in Settings->Network and it'll work just fine.

For others, it's not fixable, no matter what they do (eg stacks).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall. Thank you so much, it finally works now. Sigh. I was trying to figure this out for the past few days now and was about to give up. I am extremely happy now! I didn't know it was such an easy fix. Thank God it's fixable! Smile Thank you once again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DialogInfo0