Issue with Auriga branch and AppleTV
Specs are: appletv 2.3.1, xbmc babylon 0.9.4 beta1, launcher 3.0, aeon auriga

This happens when i am using the list view for my movies on my appletv. When I scroll up and down to a new movie, a popup appears saying "operation not permitted". So i did a lot of testing and found something weird in the xbmc.log files

i think i am getting this operation not permitted error because in the xbmc log it is trying to access my samba share on my desktop computer without the username and password. Here take a look at what i pulled from the log file.

01:22:10 T:53484032 M: 8577024 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: smb://192.168.1.75/Storage/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/movie.tbn Error: (2)
01:22:10 T:53484032 M: 8577024 ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://192.168.1.75/Storage/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/movie.tbn

----------------------

So i tried making a movies folder on my other computer (laptop) instead and shared it via samba, and it works fine. So i dug into the xbmc.log to see what was going on and found this:

01:06:24 T:2684407808 M: 16076800 DEBUG: GetMovieId (smb://kwon:[email protected]/kwon/Desktop/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/A Charlie Brown Christmas 1965 25 mins (By S-Touch).avi), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=991
01:06:25 T:2684407808 M: 16297984 DEBUG: GetMusicVideoId (smb://kwon:[email protected]/kwon/Desktop/Movies/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/A Charlie Brown Christmas 1965 25 mins (By S-Touch).avi), query = select idMVideo from musicvideo where idFile=991

This time in the log file it shows the smb share string with my username and password along with the IP... but the other one doesn't. So this is why I think is causing the "operation not permitted" problem. Any ideas why the other one didn't include the username and password in the smb share string? I even went into edit source and it shows the proper smb://usernameassword@ip, but when i look at the logs, it doesn't apply it. Very strange and i can't figure out why.

Seems like it's getting a operation not permitted error because it requires a username and password in the smb string when pulling up the movie.tbn and such for each movie.

djh, please let me know something. This most likely is a skin related problem.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49668

Please don't make duplicate threads....
And it's been said 1000x Auriga is in constant development THERE WILL BE BUGS!
If you want things working perfect use a stable skin.
This has nothing to do with the problem you're having. That error is entirely incidental to skin operations. If you're using Plex, please take this problem to the Plex forums. If you're using XBMC for Mac, I don't have any knowledge of the platform but maybe someone else can help you. Oh, and if you post multiple threads or put "attn" in your title again, you might find yourself on my soon-to-be-burgeoning ignore list.
Okay well at least now I know. Seems like nobody knows what the problem is. I posted the details to the developers in the mac forums about it as well. Oh well, thanks for closing this up for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with Auriga branch and AppleTV0