NVIDIA PhysX Technology and ToggleFullScreen problems?
From nvidia forum:
"There is no point in wasting processing power on Aero when you can not see the Aero effects due to a full screen application."

This is ridiculous !!! Angry

They decide to kill aero in fullscreen because we didn't see it for extra processing power ? How much 2%...5%...10% ? No Angry

Is Microsoft knows this ?

Of course they know it. The certified the stupid thing !!!

You know guys in nvidia....some of as, we don't use graphics card only for games Stare
Is there a fix for this yet? Other then going back to old drivers of course... Oo
Try updating the nvidia driver and the XBMC to latest svn build.

Those will fix the problem.

Aero is stops again in fullscreen but when you exit fullscreen the aero is on again.

Fair enough.
Its not that big a deal is it aero? it has no function really - I can see why they would disable it when running anything like opengl etc as to someone with a lower spec PC it may mean the difference between several FPS etc no?

Just my 2p worth, its the same in Ubuntu (or used to be) you need to disable the fancy effects to run XBMC.
Derek Wrote:Its not that big a deal is it aero? it has no function really - I can see why they would disable it when running anything like opengl etc as to someone with a lower spec PC it may mean the difference between several FPS etc no?

Just my 2p worth, its the same in Ubuntu (or used to be) you need to disable the fancy effects to run XBMC.

It's a big deal for me because I run multiple monitors and like the look of Aero. Having any OpenGL app running fullscreen on one monitor kills Aero on all the other monitors and you lose some functionality too since live preview thumbs and Win+TAB no longer work. Not to mention whenever Vista switches in and out of Aero mode it has a tendency to resize and reposition some of my windows to a different monitor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA PhysX Technology and ToggleFullScreen problems?0