Some new Showcase ideas
Inspired by Sranshaft and his mod here. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49771

With MultiPlex available it's hard to go back to using showcase. Showcase is a solid view but now it's missing something.

What do you guys think of something like this?

I just took the bar from MultiPlex and pasted it on top of a screenie of showcase view.

Sorry but I like the version of the showcase we have now.
I like it.. I think it suits better to multiplex view
Ilia Wrote:I like it.. I think it suits better to multiplex view
Quite right the showcase view as it is now looks drab compared to those mock up's
I am sure djh will do somat similar at some point if nobody else does.Smile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I like it!
I like it too - other option would be to use Multiplex but increase the size of the movie thumbs at the bottom.
I like it too !

And, when you stop on a movie, the basic plot, rating etc. could show up in one of those nice looking black squares on the top left side of the screen.

That would be the ultimate view for me.

Oh, and maybe make the posters a little larger than they are now, I mean, we are trying to "showcase" them Smile

Damn, how I wish I could mod/code that myself...
redtapemedia Wrote:Sorry but I like the version of the showcase we have now.

I agree! Showcase is beautifully clean, leave it as it is or implement this as an option.
i like Showcase as it is .. just need a info thing to pop up after a delay and it would be perfect

Showcase for Movies, TV show level, Season level
Multiplex for Episode Level
(for the big lists of movies though i use wall)

thats my current setup and i'm loving it Smile
Personally, Showcase as it currently is looks pretty good...But so does this. As an optional view/style it would be great.
This seems like a redundant version of multiplex. I'm a fan of keeping showcase as it is, a showcase, look at the small thumb, and giant fanart. That's my opinion.

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:This seems like a redundant version of multiplex. I'm a fan of keeping showcase as it is, a showcase, look at the small thumb, and giant fanart. That's my opinion.

--FF

Agreed. I would actually like to see the fanart showcased even more, but not at the expense of reducing poster size, maybe just losing the gray base the thumbs sit on so more of the fanart shows through at the bottom.

Something along these lines:

It would still need some shading and other things to keep it from looking like the posters are just floating there... or maybe keep the grey part but make it transparent.
Showcase is staying as it is, I'm afraid. Any changes will have to be done as mods. Sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some new Showcase ideas0