Input for Views
Not sure if this has been done or answered but I have not come across it.

Some time ago it was mentioned about having an input asigned to take you to the view selection window. This was asked for when running in Kiosk mode.

Basically it would be even better if 4 inputs were asigned one for each view.

Press 1 you get list view
Press 2 you get Multiplex view.

Etc etc.

Because I would like to run in Kiosk mode and sometimes I like swapping between views depending on what I am doing or looking for this would really help.
won't this require xbmc support not only skin support ??
pletopia Wrote:won't this require xbmc support not only skin support ??
I would imagine so besides what's wrong with it the way it is?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I would imagine so besides what's wrong with it the way it is?

What do you mean whats wrong with it? Nothing I am just asking for an extention.

Unless Paul you can explain to me how to change views in movie browsing whilst in Kiosk mode...or did you just NOT read my post properly.

On the note of it being on an XBMC side...well xbmc already accepts inputs for keys 1,2,3,4... does it not?

Does the skin have access to these inputs? Can the skin read if the 1 on the keyboard has been pressed?

As at the moment I can see no functionality for the 1 keyboard input whilst browsing movies I cannot see why ( if the skin can know if this has been pressed ) it cannot be used to just swap the skin in browse mode to view 1 ( list view ) or if key 3 has been pressed then swap to multiplex view.
MrTourettes Wrote:What do you mean whats wrong with it? Nothing I am just asking for an extention.

Unless Paul you can explain to me how to change views in movie browsing whilst in Kiosk mode...or did you just NOT read my post properly.

On the note of it being on an XBMC side...well xbmc already accepts inputs for keys 1,2,3,4... does it not?

Does the skin have access to these inputs? Can the skin read if the 1 on the keyboard has been pressed?

As at the moment I can see no functionality for the 1 keyboard input whilst browsing movies I cannot see why ( if the skin can know if this has been pressed ) it cannot be used to just swap the skin in browse mode to view 1 ( list view ) or if key 3 has been pressed then swap to multiplex view.
No need to be so touchy!!!
I am just saying it's pretty dam fine as it is besides all that the skin is still in development, it changes every single day so i would wait and see what happens.
Your other option is to go and ask djh himself. so sorry if i have hurt your feelingsOo
paul Wrote:No need to be so touchy!!!
I am just saying it's pretty dam fine as it is besides all that the skin is still in development, it changes every single day so i would wait and see what happens.
Your other option is to go and ask djh himself. so sorry if i have hurt your feelingsOo

LOL no im sorry my post was a bit sharp as I am bogged down trying to convert a linux based OpenGL engine into a Windows DirectX at work and its driving me nuts...Hence I am a bit on edge today Smile

As for still in development I fully understand that and trying to keep ideas building up and only dropping one in every so often Smile
MrTourettes Wrote:LOL no im sorry my post was a bit sharp as I am bogged down trying to convert a linux based OpenGL engine into a Windows DirectX at work and its driving me nuts...Hence I am a bit on edge today Smile

As for still in development I fully understand that and trying to keep ideas building up and only dropping one in every so often Smile
Fair enough i can respect someone who is man enough to admit they were off hand.
No harm done, i tend to forget other people use there machines diferently.Wink
MrTourettes Wrote:LOL no im sorry my post was a bit sharp as I am bogged down trying to convert a linux based OpenGL engine into a Windows DirectX at work and its driving me nuts...Hence I am a bit on edge today Smile

I don't suppose you want to code a Direct X version of XBMC do you? :p
HexusOdy Wrote:I don't suppose you want to code a Direct X version of XBMC do you? :p

LOL many years ago I used to love writting my own projects in my own time but after 20 years of writting video games all I want to do at night when I leave office is chill and use other peoples software Wink

And in all honesty I think they have done a mighty fine job with xbmc Smile
MrTourettes Wrote:after 20 years of writing video games...

Examples? Not that I don't believe you - just interested.

As for this kiosk mode thing, you know you can bind those individual view commands to remote via keymap.xml. Problem is that the view select screen has a very specific purpose in Aeon, which is to hide and thus smooth the transition between one view and another. I can't promise a direct switch wouldn't have dire consequences.
djh_ Wrote:Examples? Not that I don't believe you - just interested.

As for this kiosk mode thing, you know you can bind those individual view commands to remote via keymap.xml. Problem is that the view select screen has a very specific purpose in Aeon, which is to hide and thus smooth the transition between one view and another. I can't promise a direct switch wouldn't have dire consequences.

Main one being Sensible Software ( some of you might remember Smile

I now mainly work on gambling video games. Those who have played games like who wants to be a millionaire in bars on the ITBox or the 3d game multiball roulette will know what I mean. Or fixed odds betting games in William hill bookmakers.

I wrote most of the games on this link. They are all...pub games ill call them. The multiball roulette ( random roulette now ) there is an example from my full 3d engine but you cannot really see the full effects of it.

And yes that nuts game was a pain. Spending 8 weeks staring at pics of semi naked girls on screen and gettign paid for it...a w8nkers dream Wink

http://www.revolutionentertainment.co.uk...&Itemid=44

Back on the input subject...

How about just having a single button input from remote to bring up the view select screen. This would be cool and would allow view swapping in kiosk mode.
You're not Jon Hare, are you?

As for mapping the view change to a button, it's a bit tricky as there really are very few buttons accessible to all remotes in XBMC, and they deal with very basic functions like direction, info, back, etc. An easy alternative, of course, would be to assign 'up' to change views. Bet you're not using that much in Kiosk mode.
djh_ Wrote:You're not Jon Hare, are you?

As for mapping the view change to a button, it's a bit tricky as there really are very few buttons accessible to all remotes in XBMC, and they deal with very basic functions like direction, info, back, etc. An easy alternative, of course, would be to assign 'up' to change views. Bet you're not using that much in Kiosk mode.

lol no im not Jops Smile not as ugly either Wink

When I said assign to a button I suppose what I really meant was to a keyboard input. Basically have a keyboard key to bring up the view selector.

All my remote inputs are assigned to keyboard inputs anyway so all I would do is assign that remote button to what ever keyboard shortcut was assigned to the view page. But this might be a problem for otehrs who dont have remotes assigned like that Sad
The up idea seems a bit precarious as your Kiosk-deserving kids would probably end up invoking the view change screen all the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Input for Views0