Possible idea for an new additional wall view?
Lightbulb 
Over at the MeediOS site, there is a new skin called CarbonV that has an interesting take on wall view for movies. Anybody (in particular, djh) think this might be a cool option for Aeon?

honestly .. ewww .. i don't like that view at all
Looks bad, titles, years & descriptions don't fit, just doesn't look organized, I think Wall view in Aeon is perfect, Of course I wouldn't mind another option, maybe slightly smaller wall view and slightly bigger views, but I can live without em.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
only thing i'd change in wall is to make the wall scroll vertically instead of horizontally .. makes navigating my nearly 1400 movies quicker Wink
This tends to be the problem with a lot of the lavish mockups you see here and elsewhere: they never take into account the weird and wonderful lengths and formats that scraped information can take. I don't think the view's that bad in principle, but wtf are you supposed to make of the column on the left? You can't even see the titles of the movies. And why the redundant focus label at the bottom? Shunt it over to have two full columns and it'd be a vast (and simple) improvement.
djh_ Wrote:This tends to be the problem with a lot of the lavish mockups you see here and elsewhere: they never take into account the weird and wonderful lengths and formats that scraped information can take. I don't think the view's that bad in principle, but wtf are you supposed to make of the column on the left? You can't even see the titles of the movies. And why the redundant focus label at the bottom? Shunt it over to have two full columns and it'd be a vast (and simple) improvement.

I agree that 2 columns would be a huge improvement! Good idea. Anyway, I don't have any affiliation with this particular design, just saw it on the MeediOS site and thought it was an interesting concept. Sounds like others disagree, but in wall view my eyes can't really focus on 50 different posters at once, so adding some info could be cool to break up the layout a little. Ultimately, though, just throwing the idea out there for discussion...
babyface Wrote:I agree that 2 columns would be a huge improvement! Good idea. Anyway, I don't have any affiliation with this particular design, just saw it on the MeediOS site and thought it was an interesting concept. Sounds like others disagree, but in wall view my eyes can't really focus on 50 different posters at once, so adding some info could be cool to break up the layout a little. Ultimately, though, just throwing the idea out there for discussion...
Well i like it... and i normally hate wall views but that looks very nice in my humble oppinion
Keep the ideas coming......
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I thought the point of a wall view was to see more movies not less.
Hitcher Wrote:I thought the point of a wall view was to see more movies not less.

concur
Hitcher Wrote:I thought the point of a wall view was to see more movies not less.

True. I guess for me personally I find wall view to be too many movies at once, though. If this idea were to be implemented at all, I suspect it should probably just be an option in wall view, i.e., "Info: On/Off"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible idea for an new additional wall view?0