Aeon-specific meta-media information index
AnalogKid Wrote:Rather than adding correction upon correction using this thread, I'd rather the very first posting be modified so folks don't have to keep reading all the thread... and that it's got some clear "Last Updated On: " field.

I'll get back to you later on some more info, I'm just working right now.... I don't mind discussing it using the thread, just stick with the first post as the 'Master' definition - if that's ok with everybody?

Yes it's my intention to keep the OP updated with the latest info from the thread, don't worry about that :0)
djh_ Wrote:The only way this can ever be 'finalised' is for these kinds of images to be natively supported by XBMC. I can't say whether this will happen, nor would I expect the team to decide that it should. You'll just have to keep your fingers crossed and, in the meantime, decide whether a little inconvenience is worth having these things in the first place.

I'll do an official version of this thread shortly, btw.

True, we can only hope that these images will someday be natively supported by XBMC, but I have a feeling (even with this great monster of a skin) that is a quite a ways away.

Oh, and to answer your question about whether it's worth it.... hell yeah. I think this is beautiful, and not to mention that although I don't really need advanced info pages and video thumbnails, other people who use this media center might (family, friends, slaves, so on).

Keep up the great work, and hopefully you can finalize how/how many thumbs we'll have in the multi-plex view.
Ok, please forgive the formatting, I was in a hurry...

I've tried to give more comprehensive examples of possible movie structures and how fanart works... Plus, there's a couple of points where I need DJH to say what ACTUALLY happens, and a couple of other places where the XBMC team need to let me know what the conflict resolution is...

If you can update the first post with this info that would be great. BTW it's NOT for AEON, I think it's useful for all skins (but we should make it clear where the AEON specific files are going.
Finally, if DJH is reading... I think it would be best all round if we moved AEON specific files into a subfolder called Moviename.Aeon, then you can name the files anything you like and maybe make them more self explanatory?

******** Flat Movie Structure
Moviename1.avi(iso,rar,mkv,mpg,etc)
Moviename1.nfo(1)
Moviename1.jpg or Moviename1.tbn (2)
Moviename1-fanart.jpg (3)
Moviename1.avi-big.png (4)
Moviename2 - CD1.avi(iso,rar,mkv,mpg,etc)
Moviename2 - CD2.avi(iso,rar,mkv,mpg,etc)
Moviename2.nfo(1)
Moviename2.jpg or Moviename2.tbn (2)
Moviename2-fanart.jpg (3)
Moviename2.avi-big.png (4)

******** Hierarchical Movie Structure Where Movie Name and Containing Folder Name Match
Movies\
-- Moviename\
---- Moviename.avi
---- movie.nfo OR Moviename.nfo (1)
---- movie.tbn OR Moviename.tbn OR movie.jpg OR Moviename.jpg OR folder.jpg (2)
---- fanart.jpg OR Moviename-fanart.jpg (3)
---- extrathumbs\
------ thumb1.jpg (5)
------ thumb2.jpg (6)
------ thumbN.jpg (7)
------ ??.jpg

******** Hierarchical Movie Structure Where Movie Name and Containing Folder Name Do Not Match
Movies\
-- Moviename\
---- MismatchedName.avi
---- movie.nfo OR Moviename.nfo OR MismatchedName.nfo(1) <--- NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
---- movie.tbn OR Moviename.tbn OR movie.jpg OR Moviename.jpg OR MismatchedName.tbn OR MismatchedName.jpg OR folder.jpg (2) <--- NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
---- fanart.jpg OR Moviename-fanart.jpg OR MismatchedName-fanart.jpg (3) <--- NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
---- Moviename.avi-big.png (4)
---- extrathumbs\
------ thumb1.jpg (5)
------ thumb2.jpg (6)
------ thumbN.jpg (7)
------ ??.jpg

******** Hierarchical Movie Structure Where Stacked Movie Name and Containing Folder Match
Movies\
-- Moviename\
---- Moviename - CD1.avi
---- Moviename - CD2.avi
---- extrathumbs\
------ thumb1.jpg (5)
------ thumb2.jpg (6)
------ thumbN.jpg (7)
------ ??.jpg

******** Hierarchical Movie Structure Where Stacked Movie Name and Containing Folder Name Do Not Match
Movies\
-- Moviename\
---- MismatchedName - CD1.avi
---- MismatchedName - CD2.avi
---- movie.nfo OR Moviename.nfo OR MismatchedName.nfo(1) <--- NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
---- movie.tbn OR Moviename.tbn OR movie.jpg OR Moviename.jpg OR MismatchedName.tbn OR MismatchedName.jpg OR folder.jpg (2) <--- NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
---- fanart.jpg OR Moviename-fanart.jpg OR MismatchedName-fanart.jpg (3) <--- NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
---- extrathumbs\
------ thumb1.jpg (5)
------ thumb2.jpg (6)
------ thumbN.jpg (7)
------ ??.jpg

******** Hierarchical Movie Structure Where Movie Contains a DVD RIP
Movies\
-- Moviename\
---- Video_TS\
---- Audio_TS\
---- extrathumbs\
------ thumb1.jpg (5)
------ thumb2.jpg (6)
------ thumbN.jpg (7)
------ ??.jpg

(1) movie.nfo / Moviename.nfo
* Movie info file used to hold detailed description of the movie

(2) movie.tbn / movie.jpg / Moviename.tbn / Moviename.jpg / folder.jpg
* This file holds the Poster (DVD Cover) for the associated movie
* If more than one of the files exists, then the precedence is <--- NEEDS CONFIRMATION
* Loaded as largeimage in full screen info view

(3) fanart.jpg / Moviename-fanart.jpg
* This file holds the fanart corresponding to the movie
* If more than one of the files exists, then the precedence is <--- NEEDS CONFIRMATION
* Large background image in multiplex
* Medium-sized image in multiplex with "Layout: Art"

(4) Moviename.avi-big.png
* This file is a kludge for AEON ONLY!!!! It is used to enable a hi res version of (2)
* If your version of (2) is already hires, you still need this file because XBMC will cache (and downsize) (2) but not (4)
* It is not required if your movies are stored in their own folder

(5) extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
* Multiplex "Layout: Thumb" and "Layout: Plot"

(6) extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg
* Multiplex "Layout: Plot"

(7) extrathumbs/thumbN.jpg
* Slideshow in some multiplex layouts? Which?

(8) extrathumbs/??.jpg
* Slideshow in some multiplex layouts? Or does it need to be thumbN.jpg?
My interest in this thread is to document which files Aeon uses and where. Documenting the different files XBMC can use I think is a separate (but useful) project that should probably be done in the XBMC wiki. I'll put the relevant stuff from your post to the OP though.
midgetspy Wrote:My interest in this thread is to document which files Aeon uses and where. Documenting the different files XBMC can use I think is a separate (but useful) project that should probably be done in the XBMC wiki. I'll put the relevant stuff from your post to the OP though.

Totally understood.... what I ought to have said was... "this is still relevant for non AEON users" and "Even if you're using AEON, it's good to know the standard art strategy upon which AEON is then based"

I will do the same for TV shows soon... trying to account for the possibilities people might have!
This is a great thread - it's been nearly impossible to keep track of all the various file names.

Two suggestions:

1- Include recommended resolution for each of the various images. For example, what are the recommended sizes for the thumbN images?

2- Perhaps include some screenshots of various interface screens, pointing out which image is which (i.e. an arrow pointing to thumb1) so we can easily identify where and how images will be used.
I can't speak for MidgetSpy, but I'm ok with doing this... it's just a matter of time.
I'd like to get the stuff done in text format first, then when Aeon's more stable, do some of the images you suggest.

The recommended image sizes I think are easy....

I don't want to hijack MidgetSpy's initiative, since it was his idea to doc it, and he did all the initial hard work for Aeon only, I just saw it as a chance to actually document the whole mess in general on the back of his work (but with an emphasis to include the AEON extras that we all want to leverage).

It's also a nice way to see how flexible (but maybe how messy) the artwork system is. I might chat to DJH and discuss recommended naming (where there is a choice). I have my own opinions on the recommendations, but would like to run it by others first.

I hope at least what's available so far might point folks in the right direction for the next couple of days until we get a really cool and definitive document together
Can anybody help me fill out the missing bits in the OP? What's folder.jpg for? What're the naming requirements for the additional thumbs?
all fanart stuff are detailled above.
ppic Wrote:edit

Huh??
yeah i was mistaken in my first response, u'll find your answer page 1 or 2 of this topic.
OpieCunningham Wrote:This is a great thread - it's been nearly impossible to keep track of all the various file names.

Two suggestions:

1- Include recommended resolution for each of the various images. For example, what are the recommended sizes for the thumbN images?

2- Perhaps include some screenshots of various interface screens, pointing out which image is which (i.e. an arrow pointing to thumb1) so we can easily identify where and how images will be used.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I am in the process of doing this myself but the fact that I am having trouble with all the naming conventions, it is leaving me with it only half done.
Hey could someone fill me in on the "thumbN.jpg" file?

I know it's use for a slideshow in some multiplex views, but how does it acomplish the slideshow?

Do I have to have multiple files such as "thumbN1" and "thumbN2"

I'm just looking for some quick clarity.

Thanks
thumbN.jpg means N is a number.

thumb3.jpg
thumb4.jpg
thumb5.jpg

Of course I am just guessing, nobody has confirmed that that is actually the correct naming for those thumbs. I will try it some time but I haven't had time since I made the OP so I keep hoping somebody will come clear things up, heh.

BTW I did add the thumb dimension sizes to the OP.
are we going to update the op with the additional info?
I'm still working on more information... having just discovered -big.png is no longer needed!

Also, I'd like to recommend that fanart be 1920x1080 and Posters at least 1080 in height, simply because quality matters!... the fanart should be obvious, but the poster recommendation is based on the info view where it's full height.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon-specific meta-media information index0