Compressing the PNG's
I just tried the PNGGauntlet (http://brh.numbera.com/software/pnggauntlet/)
and it took 10% of the size of the png's in general - it might improve the performance a bit for some. Maybe the xpr format will do the same...but if DJH could do the same to the one on github it would only be done once.

It did not degrade the quality to what I could see.

/needtotest
needtotest Wrote:I just tried the PNGGauntlet (http://brh.numbera.com/software/pnggauntlet/)
and it took 10% of the size of the png's in general - it might improve the performance a bit for some. Maybe the xpr format will do the same...but if DJH could do the same to the one on github it would only be done once.

It did not degrade the quality to what I could see.

/needtotest
It does make a difference for xbox users and to be honest i did not think it would work.
But it does Aeon Auriga now runs like a hot knife through butter on my xbox thanks for the tipBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
for appletv users Ilia is downsizing all the images inside the media folder down to 50%, and it runs a lot better as well.
hmm intresting, I will try this and see how it works on appletv
Ilia Wrote:hmm intresting, I will try this and see how it works on appletv
It should make a difference either way the images do not degrade at least not that i could seeNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I think we should get DJH to do this on the png's he submits to github this would make it easier for all of us. Then for people like Ilia who is downsizing the png probably also need to do this on those since it looks like standard image programs leaves some stuff behind or just do not care too much about the size so it will a good idea to do this.
Also I think I read somewhere that the xpr program had problems compressing the png's when adding the files to the xpr archive - this could then be solved by using this program first and then just archiving the files into the xpr file.

/needtotest

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compressing the PNG's0