Quote:GeeXboX Win32 Installer
This package is for Windows (32-bits) only. It is a regular Win32 application that allows you to easily install/uninstall a GeeXboX ISO on your current hard-disk (or any USB key) without need to partition (or format) it again. It makes use of internal Windows bootloader to allow you choosing between different OSes to boot from.
Quote:GeeXboX ISO Generator
With this package, it is easy to modify GeeXboX in a few seconds without having to build the sources. The generator produces ISO image of the GeeXboX, ready to be burned on disc, that you may have customized to fit your needs. The software is multi-platforms, working currently under both GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows 9x/NT/2k/XP systems. It is able to produce ISO images for both x86_32, x86_64 and PowerPC targets.
Thanks to the GeeXboX ISO generator, it is possible to build a bootable image of the GeeXboX that will fit your needs, just from the binaries, without need to compile the whole distribution from sources. This lets you build the GeeXboX after slight changes in the configuration files, for example, with no need to build the full sources. The GeeXboX ISO FLTK generator works under both Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux distributions and Apple MacOS X. It can be used to generated both x86 and PPC versions of GeeXboX.
GeeXboX's customization is interesting in many ways, such as :
* Include a movie : You just have to put your movie or sound files and the playlist into the iso directory of the generator and regenerate the image. The GeeXboX will then boot off the CD and will automatically play the provided list/file.
* Add non-free extra codecs.
* Add non-free firmwares for your drivers.
* Add extra fonts for Asian users.
* Add extra themes.
* Configure the network settings.
* Configure audio related options.
* Configure video related options.
* Configure the remote control and receiver to be used.
* Configure a LCD display.
* Change theme, fonts and charset encoding.
* Choose the services to be started with GeeXboX (like UPnP and SHOUTcast).
* Modify MPlayer's startup options : You just have to edit the contents fo the file iso/GEEXBOX/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf and to generate the new ISO.
For now, just start the FLTK generator binary :
* generator.exe under Windows 9x/Me/2000/XP
* linux-i386-generator under GNU/Linux
* macosx-generator under MacOS X
Alternatively if we could make something similar that works the same way?