Darkness and light
I agree with Gamester, I think it would be quite nice to see someone take further advantage of the dynamic variables of the XBMC skinning engine. Simply a toggle that automatically uses light during the day and night after sundown would be great. However, given the amount of creativity you have, I could see this expanding to quite a few aspects of the skin.

Cheers,
Rand
and maybe put use to fanart.color1, fanart.color2, fanart.color3? Smile
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I think adding a novelty factor like time-of-day detection to this would be quite hazardous at the moment. Far from being an 'irrelevant' feature like an earlier poster suggested, this initial split is an absolutely essential step in ensuring that Aeon doesn't compromise itself by trying to marry dark and light views in a single scheme. Having two means it can explore the strengths of each.

The important bit is ensuring that there's absolutely no perceived quality difference between the dark side and the light side. The worst outcome would be that someone liked one view in one scheme but another in another, leaving them stuck with something they're never entirely happy with. On which note:

Nice. Shows off the reflections better.
i thought i was a fan of the light .. but looking at that dark showcase .. wow .. looks AWESOME
djh_ Wrote:I think adding a novelty factor like time-of-day detection to this would be quite hazardous at the moment. Far from being an 'irrelevant' feature like an earlier poster suggested, this initial split is an absolutely essential step in ensuring that Aeon doesn't compromise itself by trying to marry dark and light views in a single scheme. Having two means it can explore the strengths of each.

The important bit is ensuring that there's absolutely no perceived quality difference between the dark side and the light side. The worst outcome would be that someone liked one view in one scheme but another in another, leaving them stuck with something they're never entirely happy with. On which note:

Hey, DJH thank you so much for doing this. After I saw the ideas of a new showcase I tried to do exactly this. I was making progress but yours turned out so nice. Exactly what I envisioned. Great stuff man thanks.
pletopia Wrote:i thought i was a fan of the light .. but looking at that dark...

The ultimate mind game.
Damn, that dark showcase looks nice. Naomi Watts doesn't look too shabby either.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
damn... i think i know which setting i'll be using.
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
pletopia Wrote:i thought i was a fan of the light .. but looking at that dark

And another one gone to the dark side. You remind me of a young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of Aeon Auriga.
djh_ Wrote:Image

Well I don't know if I need to say anything about this. Astonishing as always :-)
I think I like most how the audio and resolution flag look. Just great. Keep it on!!!
wow, right as I though this skin cannot get any better, it does. Stunning once again.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
Hi DJH, I've been following your progress on Aeon for quite a while,and I've been enjoying Aeon Stark immensely.

I had been lurking on the XBMC forum for a long time, but I just wanted to register real quick to say thank you for all of the hard work you've put into designing Aeon, and for continuing to refine the skin.

That dark Showcase view is mouthwatering; the blue highlight is perfect. I'll definitely be using the dark view.

Thank you so much for all of your effort!
--> djh_, to be blunt it feels as though you neglected to read my entire post.. spontaneous thought and reflected thought being very different from each other in my case..
Your process is something I'm not questioning at all, having seen Xephyr evolve into what we now know as Aeon has been very interesting to see. With that said, you should feel no need to motivate your actions in making what is shaping up to be the most aesthetically consistent and pleasing vision of what a home entertainment GUI should look like.. Microsoft, take note..

And as far as Showcase Night looks right now. I'll leave you with this final word...
Inspiring.
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
djh_ Wrote:On which note:

That is beautiful. I'm glad you've started thinking about harmonising the color schemes. It was starting to bug me no end Wink
brave little meme loves you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Darkness and light0