• 9(current)
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository
I noticed yesterday (few days earlier it didnt happen) during watching movie i got info from XBMC:
Script error: update script (more or less)
And from that point movie is not displaued smooth. Its like every second frame is displayed.

I have Ubuntu desktop 32-bit 10.10 and XBMC Standalone on Zotac Mag.
As i changed skin to defult or redux problem disappeared.

Any idea?

Hough!
Someone please explain to me why using this convoluted GIT method/repository is better/easier than just compiling a rar or zip file and providing a link where the user can unzip said rar or zip file to the correct directory. The XBMC install/configure guide says all skins should be (on windows), a subdirectory in c:\program files\xbmc\skins. Shouldn't be hard to create an environment variable during xbmc installation to point to wherever you have installed it or just unzip this file to your skins\aeon directory and have it work.

It would be a lot less work for the end user than the method talked about in the first post.
slag Wrote:Someone please explain to me why using this convoluted GIT method/repository is better/easier than just compiling a rar or zip file and providing a link where the user can unzip said rar or zip file to the correct directory. The XBMC install/configure guide says all skins should be (on windows), a subdirectory in c:\program files\xbmc\skins. Shouldn't be hard to create an environment variable during xbmc installation to point to wherever you have installed it or just unzip this file to your skins\aeon directory and have it work.

It would be a lot less work for the end user than the method talked about in the first post.

You are completely right. Its a shame that the skin is not provided as a zip file. Why one need to install / configure GIT for that?
Hello, before i GOT CRAZY, is it normal that trying to install AEON MQ2 from zip file XBMX is able to do this, and for example if i try to install other AEON skins i get "installation failed" ?

I will follow the guide, GIT whatever, i'm not complaining about that, but i read the WIKI GUIDE before posting and following the guide i sould be able to install skin under windows flawflessy and is not the case.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository2