whats the optimal size for episode thumbs in multiplex view?
I have some episode thumbs i made and they all seem to fit multiplex view fine, but just incase for future reference what is the optimal size i should make them? Some old shows are only 4:3, and it varies for different shows, some are widescreen, etc. seems like multiplex makes it fit somehow whether it be 16:9 or 4:3.
I don't know but when you figure it out post it here please: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49927 :0)
It doesn't matter what size they are because XBMC will resize and cache them anyway (the bigger they are the batter they'll look when cached though).
I think he meant what aspect ratio actually.
Hitcher Wrote:It doesn't matter what size they are because XBMC will resize and cache them anyway (the bigger they are the batter they'll look when cached though).

I think it does matter. When some of the thumbs are scaled down by XBMC, it can cause them to distort some what/

Displaying images in the native format at which they were rendered is always going to produce better quality.

Plus i'm sure thetvdb.com folks would appreciate the difference in file size for what these will be used for Smile
iBeech Wrote:Displaying images in the native format at which they were rendered is always going to produce better quality.

But the cached image will not look as good as it would if the original was bigger than the display size - believe me, I've done plenty of testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
whats the optimal size for episode thumbs in multiplex view?0