[RELEASE] HockeyStreams Plugin (Streams Live Ice-Hockey Games from HockeyStreams.com)
seanseymour Wrote:This offseason Hockeystreams basically paid for itself by showing the UFC events. If you buy any UFC PPV, 12 months is the way to go.

Nah , i dont like UFC very much. If it included boxing ( HBO telecasts or SHOWTIME ) then hell yea , i'd go for 12 month in a heartbeat.
wally007 Wrote:Nah , i dont like UFC very much. If it included boxing ( HBO telecasts or SHOWTIME ) then hell yea , i'd go for 12 month in a heartbeat.

You could always request it in the forums. If there was some demand they'd probably go for it.
seanseymour Wrote:You could always request it in the forums. If there was some demand they'd probably go for it.

are you using this plug in ? from forums at hockeystreams i see alot of people complaining about choppy/laggy video ( probably buffering issues ) IS there a way to configure this plug in to use cache/buffer ?
wally007 Wrote:are you using this plug in ? from forums at hockeystreams i see alot of people complaining about choppy/laggy video ( probably buffering issues ) IS there a way to configure this plug in to use cache/buffer ?

They were having issuse at the start of the season because I guess a lot of people had signed up this year. They added some servers and now things are back to normal. It hasn't buffered during a stream lately but you can pause the stream to manually increase the buffer but I don't know of any XBMC settings to increase the buffer.
seanseymour Wrote:They were having issuse at the start of the season because I guess a lot of people had signed up this year. They added some servers and now things are back to normal. It hasn't buffered during a stream lately but you can pause the stream to manually increase the buffer but I don't know of any XBMC settings to increase the buffer.

So i signed up for the streams and i've been having nothing but problems with it. Very slow speeds , quality of streams ( especially 900kbit stream looks really bad compared to other 900kbit streams on other site like yahoo or hulu ) but that's not the point of this post.

I wanted to ask how you guys access the archived games ? I cant see any archives , just live games. I see a date at the plug ins settings but if i change it to yesterdays date i still see nothing... Is it supposed to work that way ? To enter a date and games will show up ? I ask because site has RSS feeds that could be used for this purpose if i'm not mistaken.

thanks for great script. Hopefully site admins will get their act together and provide somewhat stress free watching soon.
wally007 Wrote:So i signed up for the streams and i've been having nothing but problems with it. Very slow speeds , quality of streams ( especially 900kbit stream looks really bad compared to other 900kbit streams on other site like yahoo or hulu ) but that's not the point of this post.

I wanted to ask how you guys access the archived games ? I cant see any archives , just live games. I see a date at the plug ins settings but if i change it to yesterdays date i still see nothing... Is it supposed to work that way ? To enter a date and games will show up ? I ask because site has RSS feeds that could be used for this purpose if i'm not mistaken.

thanks for great script. Hopefully site admins will get their act together and provide somewhat stress free watching soon.

Hey, I've worked on this plugin a bit and added a few things:

1.) easier archive date entry
2.) fixed the date.txt error

To answer your questions about the stream quality, the site was having difficulties with the streams due to increased server load; however, I have noticed that the stream quality has jumped back to 100% (no lags, or choppy video) There's no way to fix this on the plugin end, as the issue was related to the site, not the plugin. However, being a quality service, they have fixed the issue.

To access archived games, enter a date in 'plugin settings' then go to the Archived Games folder (on the same screen as Live Streams) and that is all.
Updates: November 18th, 2009: Added RSS Archive support. Be sure to install this as a separate plugin, as it is in testing right now. Links on the first post of this thread.
Personally I really like Hockeystreams but would love to stream it through XBMC. Any chance of having this pluging work for XBMC on Linux?

If I am not mistaken, this script only works on the XBOX platform, right?

Thanks for all your work f3ar007! If you don't plan on porting this to work with linux, could you provide a few pointers as towhere the road blocks may be and then one of us may try to attack some python coding Smile

PS: as for the poor streaming problems with Hockeystreams, I was having the same and it turned out that our ISP's DSL line provider (Bell Canada) was throttling video traffic at peak times,along with bittorrent. So much for net neutrality in Canada Sad
when I finally did an end run around the throttling, all the streams have been smooth Smile
This wouls be great if it worked on any other platforms too. I have 1 XBOX, but am in the process of building 2 more XBMC's and for those I am toying with 1 Windows 7 box, and 1 Linux box. Eitherway that would be great to have and much appreciated.

Do you have plans to do that?

Thanks again for making this app.
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
What's the status on this addon? Is it being worked on to take advantage of this seasons offerings from Hockeystreams? The 720HD content etc?

I'm considering subscribing to Hockeystreams this season but it hinges on having a working XBMC addon...
In theory, everything is in place to support the three different quality of streams - but in practice, nothing shows up. I have everything set up, IP exceptions and all. But no games show up, ever.

It's really sad, as I'd kill for hockeystreams integration in XBMC, but it doesn't seem like there's any support for this plugin anymore.
Anyone wan to take on this project? I would donate $
BUMP!! I would donate as well
There is a guide on the site itself: http://www5.hockeystreams.com/homebrew/xbmc. I would take a look at it but I can't afford it right now :/.
Unfortunately, the guide doesn't work anymore due to changes on the site. It'll have to be redone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HockeyStreams Plugin (Streams Live Ice-Hockey Games from HockeyStreams.com)0