[Media Bug] Downloading Dialog border
Exclamation 
Hi,

Just check out the latest Aeon Auriga for my Mac OS version and notice a media issue.

I know its still in development.

The issue started happening after the night/light showcase + pnggauntlet was committed, before that it was fine.

Strangly this does not happen on my windows version.

So it might be the pnggauntlet not doing its job correctly, mind you this is a massive assumption. I would like to see someone confirm this.
i got that to happen once also .. but now i can't recreate it anymore .. very strange

EDIT: also using mac
To replicate, go to the showcase view in night mode.. and remove a movie and update the library, the movie shoudl be downloaded again and you will see it again.
Ilia Wrote:To replicate, go to the showcase view in night mode.. and remove a movie and update the library, the movie shoudl be downloaded again and you will see it again.
I think you will find it's not the skin at fault it looks like when you sized that texture down you lost the transparency on it....
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Well, whatever the case I've now reverted to the pre-optimised textures. So if you download again the problem will hopefully be fixed. The actual saving in mb was really quite small with the new textures anyway.
there is a similar issue here. i have not seen this error but this may fix it too.

i found found the problem with the white thumb, open the file "blank.png" in "skin/Aeon Auriga/media/common/blank.png" with preview application then just do a save as and overwrite the file. restart XBMC it show be ok now.
Well, you'll have to re-download the textures from the Auriga branch anyway at some point, so you may has well do it now and avoid fiddling with textures.
you guys i have the same problems as well... both of those problems exist here, so i will do as djh says and get the latest version and resize down again to see if i get those problems.
turbinez Wrote:you guys i have the same problems as well... both of those problems exist here, so i will do as djh says and get the latest version and resize down again to see if i get those problems.
Strange as i downloaded the same files last night and resized them all down using irfanview then run them through png gauntlet with no visible artifacts and i have checked the same file as is shown in the above screenshot. so i don't think believe there is anything wron with djh's files in my oppinion.. keep up the great work djhSmile
I've noticed that some of the optimized images have lost the transparency info. I haven't determined if it was infraview or pgngauntlet that cases it.

I don't see it by just viewing the images but if I load them in Photoshop I see some of the transparent sections show as white.
g00fy1 Wrote:I've noticed that some of the optimized images have lost the transparency info. I haven't determined if it was infraview or pgngauntlet that cases it.

I don't see it by just viewing the images but if I load them in Photoshop I see some of the transparent sections show as white.
so it must be a difference in the way osx works to xbox or the pc because i have had no problems with any of djh's textures.
But this is fixed, right? Because the optimised textures are no more.
djh, not sure what you did, but that fixed it. i've run a batch downsize 50% in photoshop and everything works fine. None of those funny white boxes and non transparent issues to be found.
Thanks djh, sounds like it is fixed.. you can close this thread if u like.

Thanks again
Ilia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Media Bug] Downloading Dialog border0