Highjack MediaStreams episode view
Hitcher Wrote:You can always stick to List, Wall or Showcase but good point about adding the episode name next to the season/episode number.

i know i can but i like this view besides the "cropping" Smile
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:i really prefer using poster artwork instead of banner artwork for my tv-shows - and i've already added over 200+ tvshows to database with poster artwork.

now they all get cropped in aeon.

any chance to get poster view instead of banner view on this?

+1, is there any way to code it so the posters are shown for the shows and season view?

I wouldn't mind the episode thumbs staying how they are it looks good.
azido Wrote:Ah yes, thanks for THIS screenshot, as it illustrates my next "problem" with aeon:

i really prefer using poster artwork instead of banner artwork for my tv-shows - and i've already added over 200+ tvshows to database with poster artwork.

now they all get cropped in aeon.

any chance to get poster view instead of banner view on this?

Have you tried lx01's mod?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=329...tcount=460
DuMbGuM Wrote:+1, is there any way to code it so the posters are shown for the shows and season view?

I wouldn't mind the episode thumbs staying how they are it looks good.

well, unless we find a way to mod it successfully to use "poster view" for show and season and "16:9 view" for episodes we have to stick with that. that's the conclusion i've got so far.

anyway, there is already a huge collection of user-contributed pictures which fit the actual view, and if i got the admin of tvdb right, they will support this kind of fanart containing the season name very soon (if not doing so already).. so finally if you like your posters, use showcase view for the season level and multiplex for episodes (that's what i do right now until i've added all the new pictures). djh won't change it.
123ccd Wrote:Have you tried lx01's mod?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=329...tcount=460

nope, thanks for pointing me there. recently i saw someone trying to mod it but failed because the episode view was also affected then. i'll give this a try.
Personally i feel the TV view in Aeon is better organized and designed than that of Media Stream. however media stream does support banner art and Aeon does not so that is a bit of a step up to Media Stream for many people who prefer banner art for both show and season art (my self included). however i think if support for banner art was added to the current side scroller it would be perfect.
I'm not sure if you're aware but banners would look like crap at a high resolution due to them being 758x140..
Lightbulb 
hikaricore Wrote:I'm not sure if you're aware but banners would look like crap at a high resolution due to them being 758x140..

Good point but that would really depend on the size of your TV and the resolution of the banners (high resolution banners do exist). All I am proposing is that a wide banner ratio be supported as well as the current DVD art ratio is, regardless of its resolution. Honestly right now, if you have low resolution DVD art it wouldn’t look any worse with low resolution banners. It is the principal that wide aspect ratio art should be supported.
123ccd Wrote:Have you tried lx01's mod?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=460

Only the first .xml is working, which I was already able to get, but I believe we need all the files.
DuMbGuM Wrote:Only the first .xml is working, which I was already able to get, but I believe we need all the files.

the link you provided is no good. please repost a propar link if you think this "mod" could help with the issues i have with aeon...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Highjack MediaStreams episode view0