[Aeon MQ2] script.video-fanart-splitter what's your thoughts on this problem?
Big Grin 
Hi all,

I'll give you some specs so you know what I'm talking about.

Mac Mini 2010
OS X 10.6.8
XBMC Dharma 10.1
Aeon MQ2 2.7.1

I have this weird problem with 14 movies that does not show up as random fanart in the main menu. Whenever one of these movies is presented it is presented with a black background.

These 14 movies have *.tbn fanart in '\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart' so they physicall exist. I have tried to remove these movies from my library by remove from library, clean library, removed the textures.db file and I have removed them physically from the source. Then I re added the movies. It does not matter what I do, they still do not get split/copied over to '.\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.video-fanart-splitter\Movies'.

I noticed that 2/14 movies had duplicates (two *.tbn files). When I removed the 14 movies from my library I renamed the duplicates to*.bak.

Any ideas why this might happen and how to fix it?

The reason why I haven't updated MQ2 to the latest version is because everything else is running fine. This is just a minor cosmetic thing that bugs me.

My experience with XBMC is that if it's working do not update because then something else will be brake.
Sorry I can't answer your question but it looks like you can help me with mines - how did you set up your main menu to use random fanart? When I go to the settings to toggle this option it is greyed out.
Which version of MQ2 do you have?

Sounds like you are missing the video fanart splitter script from 2.7.3 (?)...

EDIT: I updated to 2.8.1 and I got the same problem as you. The random fanrt was greyed out so it must be something else.
Back to the issue I have.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not but the movies that I have problems with, the fanart files start with a 0 e.g. "086a141c.tbn" & "01cf5389.tbn". Is this a bug in the python script?
I was able to fix the movie/tv fanart problem by using this
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=141
liq456, your link isn't working.
I've recently noticed the exact problem that you seem to be having. On the main screen I'll occasionally get a black image. I'm actually using Aeon Nox along with the video-fanart-splitter, but skin choice shouldn't really affect the issue.
I've tried deleting all my fanart and getting fresh copies via the fanart splitter but that didn't help. I'm wondering if maybe it's taking the black fanart from movies that don't actually have any fanart? I haven't exactly been able to narrow down which movies are creating the black files as I have over 500 movies and everything displays correctly within the library view.
EmeraldICE Wrote:I'm wondering if maybe it's taking the black fanart from movies that don't actually have any fanart?

The movies have fanart, as you say they exist in library mode so does my fanart. They also exist physically under "\Library\Application Support\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart". I have cross checked the fanart under ".\Video\Fanart" against ".\script.video-fanart-splitter\Movies" and the ".\Movie" path is missing *.tbn files.

I have noticed that the movies that are missing fanart does not have any fanart in XWMM. Something weird is up and I don't know what but perhaps it has something to do with the library database file.

Btw, I can't view that post either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Aeon MQ2] script.video-fanart-splitter what's your thoughts on this problem?0