MQ3 problem - can't change backdrops.
I've been using MQ2 for a while, and I love it. I just wiped both XBMC boxes and installed MQ3 on them, to be a tad disappointed. I go to shortcuts/backdrops to change the fanart for the backgrounds, and I can't change it. Any ideas why? it says "select to change"...but nothing happens/works. Not sure what is wrong, as other skins function just fine....but can't change it with MQ3.
Is this where you are looking?:

Settings --> Skin --> Main Menu (Visual Options) --> Use Library Fanart for the <.....> item

Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
No, that spot is grated out and says I need to download an add-on to get it to work. Also, I can't get music visualizations to work. The top option under skin options is about backdrops, and I when I select a menu item, nothing happens.
Sorry, I posted that on my phone earlier, so it was a bit brief. The section that you showed in the photo, is grayed out and says I need to download an addon before I can use those - but when I click on that message, it brings me to get more addons and I can't find it anywhere.

I normally want to select a folder of pre-selected JPGs that will be used as a backdrop. That's what I was trying to use on MQ3, but it wasn't similar to MQ2 at all. It won't let me select anything under the "shortcuts/backdrops"
I had the same problem when I was using MQ3 in combination with XBMC Dharma. Did you check this. You have to use XBMC Pre-Eden.

Download a nightly release here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

This should help with the backdropsCool
I'm using OpenELEC....but I thought I was using an Eden build.
Had the same situation,,,, downloaded the add on directly. I forgot the name of the add on, but it should tell you before it links you to nowhere... if you post the name of the requested add on we should be able to link you to it.

On a side note, I now have all of my shows with their artwork, however the main menu still shows that christina applegate artwork for tv and superman for movies... how would I go about changing THAT backdrop?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ3 problem - can't change backdrops.0