Aeon-specific meta-media information index (with Pictures)
How'd you get the nice 'NBO' logo in the TV view?
Does anyone have any idea why my movies with mpeg audio would display thumb1 and thumb2, but those with ac3 won't?
midgetspy Wrote:Slideshow only works in Layout: Plot, not Layout: Thumbs. Works for me with thumbN.jpg (N=1..10).

Are you sure?

Quote:added: Multiplex view for Movies

Extra thumbs stored in subfolder of individual movie folder called
"extrathumbs". The large thumb/no plot view will pull whatever images are
in that folder and loop them as a slideshow.
The two thumbs and plot view
looks for files "thumb1.jpg" and "thumb2.jpg", again in the "extrathumbs"
folder, so be sure to call two of your extra thumbs by those names.

e.g.

Silent Running/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
Silent Running/extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg
Silent Running/extrathumbs/<any additional images>

There is an inherent problem with the largeimage controls that means they
only disappear when they're replaced. So if you have a movie that doesn't
have extra thumbs, thumbs from a previous movie will still show. This is a
known issue. If you report it nonetheless I'll have to violate you.
Hitcher Wrote:Are you sure?

Well I'm not sure how it's supposed to work but that's the way it currently does work, yes I'm sure.
Hitcher Wrote:Well I've never got the Slideshow to work and I've followed djh's guide.

interesting thing is that here on my side slideshow worked initially without any intervention on my side. i've just put stills in extrathumbs and they've showed up.

too bad right now this extra movie stills only show up in an live environment, meaning they got loaded at presence and not from any cache or db entry within xbmc.

hopefully the devs will support these (along with the media flags) in the near future so they can be written down somewhere and remembered.

thing for me is that i've put my hd movies on an external disc which is really noisy, so i keep it off when not in use. now on those movies the stills do not show up as they are not present..

is there already a feature request on trac that reflects media flag and extrathumb support? if not, i'll add one.
cheers,azido :;):
Hitcher Wrote:Are you sure?

yep, he's right. slideshow does not work in plot view with the two pictures labeled D), but in the other layouts.

i got another idea:
right now, the situation is that on any movie that does not have extra thumbs and follows one with thumbs, you get the earlier thumbs displayed.
djh mentioned they get only changed when present. could'nt we mod it just the way like media flags work? meaning showing some "default" thumbs when there are no external ones present, and so finally every movie has 2 thumbs present and won't show up those from other movies?

just a thought.
azido Wrote:hopefully the devs will support these (along with the media flags) in the near future so they can be written down somewhere and remembered.

thing for me is that i've put my hd movies on an external disc which is really noisy, so i keep it off when not in use. now on those movies the stills do not show up as they are not present..

is there already a feature request on trac that reflects media flag and extrathumb support? if not, i'll add one.
I asked for it a week or so -

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6460

azido Wrote:yep, he's right. slideshow does not work in plot view with the two pictures labeled D), but in the other layouts.

That's what I said but midgetspy said it only work in Plot -

Quote:Slideshow only works in Layout: Plot, not Layout: Thumbs.
So for season thumbs is everyone just resizing their season poster images or is there a source being using...
Hitcher maybe I mixed the views up - it works in the view with one large image (A) but not in the view with 2 thumbs (D/D).
But it definitely works for you?

I wonder if it's because mine are on a NAS.

EDIT: Just tried it out on my PC's hard drive and they work so, for some reason or other, they don't work over a share.
Mine are on a NAS as well, though it's mapped as a drive letter in Windows. I'll try it from a smb:// share when I get home tonight.
Hitcher Wrote:But it definitely works for you?

I wonder if it's because mine are on a NAS.

EDIT: Just tried it out on my PC's hard drive and they work so, for some reason or other, they don't work over a share.

might be it can't read it's special path so it's like when i switch off my external drive?

try adding a fixed drive letter to your share and use this one - might help.
I did a restore to a fresh install of Auriga, and still any movie with ac-3 sound won't display thumb1 and thumb2, while ones with mpeg audio will. Weird that no one else seems to get this, unless it is the way I am making my thumbs, how are others making theirs?
kulprit Wrote:I did a restore to a fresh install of Auriga, and still any movie with ac-3 sound won't display thumb1 and thumb2, while ones with mpeg audio will. Weird that no one else seems to get this, unless it is the way I am making my thumbs, how are others making theirs?
I have that problem, or something like it.

I have 3 different types of video sources - VIDEO_TS DVD backups, MKV files and AVI files. I only have 1 AVI source, which is split into two files and uses AC3 audio. Only that source fails to display the extrathumbs. I have not had an opportunity to test this source to determine the precise cause - I believe it could be one of these four issues:

1- Simply that the source is an AVI file
2- That the source is comprised of two stacked files
3- That the source is comprised of two stacked AVI files
4- Any one of the above plus the fact that the audio is AC3.

All of the VIDEO_TS DVD backups are AC3 audio and some of the MKVs are AC3 audio. So I see no way that the sole cause of the problem is AC3 audio.

I may have time to do some testing in the next few days.
OK, I can tell you its not cos of it being just an avi file, it might be 3 and 4 combined, i'll see if any of my movies are 1 file with ac3 and add extra thumbs to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon-specific meta-media information index (with Pictures)0