Sanity of landscape TV show thumbs?
OK, I know everybody's raving on about how nice the landscape TV show thumbs look... but...

is it just a case of the grass being greener on the landscape side of the fence?

So TV Show artwork (main thumb), I'd say it's usually easy to locate Landscape images... however, when it comes to seasons, I think this is flawed.

My rationale?... Most tv shows are supplied on a per season basis on DVD, with most of the artwork coming from DVD scans.
I'm extremely good with Photoshop, and can do my own artwork to a professional standard (I do it for a living), but it can be quite hard work matching the correct logo fonts, or cutting them from other images...

I'm really just not entirely sold on the landscape idea for thumbs, and what's more... it's not that portable across skins.

Longer term, if we're gonna fix the artwork mess for all skins (not just Aeon) we might have to adopt a "Movie.Thumb-Landscape" and "Movie.Thumb-Portrait" solution that will allow for skins to render either way.

This definitely isn't a dig at Aeon (great skin), just what I consider to be a fairly sound questioning of the longevity of landscape series thumbs.

and one last issue... which may well be a bug at this stage... since TV show thumbs are now landscape, in the multiplex view - the info screen is still rendering a full height (portrait) thumb for a landscape image.... definitely not good.
This has been brought up before but this isn't the place to do so.
I suggest filing a feature request on trac.
if a forum for Aeon isn't the place to question (not dictate) the logic of some aspect of that skin.... then where on earth is?

"this isn't the place to discuss it" isn't the best of responses by anybody's standards
Many shows have plenty of season specific fanart available its just a case of taking the time to find them and put them to the correct season. I don't see why fonts for seasons is a problem as aeon overlays the season number over the image so theres no need for text in season thumbs.

As to do with compatibility with other skins, djh has made it quite clear on multiple other threads that his primary focus is making aeon look the best that he can and compatibility doesnt matter.

Also there are 3 other views to choose from if you wish to use standard poster style images.
Quote:and one last issue... which may well be a bug at this stage... since TV show thumbs are now landscape, in the multiplex view - the info screen is still rendering a full height (portrait) thumb for a landscape image.... definitely not good.

Analogkid, please look at the following thread to fix your issue.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50120

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sanity of landscape TV show thumbs?0