xbox lockup?
I thought this skin was very cool but a short time after using it I noticed my xbox locking up. I kept having the issue for 2 months on and off until I swicthed back to pm3. I tried a couple vers of this even Lite and xbox mods. Anyone else had this problem? The problem hasnt happened since I switched to pm3.
You're out of memory, just like all of the threads regarding this say.
try paul's MediaStreamV2.0_Lite

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thx for reply.. I think I tried that version. I will have to look again. Great skin but not worth lockups because my xbox has a tough time rebooting after it locks up.
Try lower cache settings.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
The only way I managed to make it work (I mean the MediaStreamV2.0_Lite version) is to resize all fanart to 960x540.
Redrum Wrote:The only way I managed to make it work (I mean the MediaStreamV2.0_Lite version) is to resize all fanart to 960x540.
You could aslo try the horizon_lite mod i did that runs well on xbox if not i have many others to choose from that work great on the xbox ps take no notice of althekiller as he is anti xbox.
Only jokeing althekiller no need to go off on oneLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I have tried MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox).rar and MediaStreamV2.0_Lite.rar.
Both gave my lockups so switching to pm3 I have had 0. I will stick with stability over eye candy.
Anyone had problems rebooting after it locks up? Mine would give me 3 green light reboots when ever I tried to startup after a lockup. I would have to let it sit for a few hours and then it would startup.
yabel Wrote:I have tried MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox).rar and MediaStreamV2.0_Lite.rar.
Both gave my lockups so switching to pm3 I have had 0. I will stick with stability over eye candy.
Anyone had problems rebooting after it locks up? Mine would give me 3 green light reboots when ever I tried to startup after a lockup. I would have to let it sit for a few hours and then it would startup.

I am running 'MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox)' which if I'm honest runs as well as the full version I had previously. I've had a couple of lock-ups where a restart was needed but then I would expect a skin/script that is still in development to have the odd bugs.
althekiller Wrote:You're out of memory, just like all of the threads regarding this say.

yabel Wrote:I have tried MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox).rar and MediaStreamV2.0_Lite.rar.

ATK may be anti-xbox, I'm not sure, but the fact remains the same. Some xboxes seem to run skins better than others. I'm not sure what it is, be it version, age, or dust level. Paul: You've done a lot a great work for the xbox user out there, keep it up. But for anyone having problems with the new coolest skin out there, please switch back to PMIII before thinking it's your trusty xbox acting up.
Thumbs Up 
joebrady Wrote:ATK may be anti-xbox, I'm not sure, but the fact remains the same. Some xboxes seem to run skins better than others. I'm not sure what it is, be it version, age, or dust level. Paul: You've done a lot a great work for the xbox user out there, keep it up. But for anyone having problems with the new coolest skin out there, please switch back to PMIII before thinking it's your trusty xbox acting up.
Thanks for the vote of confidence and yes ATK is anti xbox as most of the devs are:p
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence and yes ATK is anti xbox as most of the devs are:p

Why are they Anti-Xbox? If it were not for this piece of kit XBMC would have never have begun it's development and we wouldn't have the fine skins we have now.

I think the old black box look far superior than the new white one, I'm sure in the future the modification for the xbox will include replacing the guts as well...

I have an old Compaq Presario model 5528 that I would love to rip the guts out and turn into a Retro Media Centre touch screen display Big Grin

I can't speak for the Devs, but anti-xbox may be a little much. Many of them have just moved on to bigger, better, faster platforms to push the limits of this great software that we all use freely. It's as simple as that. I say kudos to them for all their hard work and thanks to the small group still keeping xbox around for us. Nod
Guys one thing to be sure of is that you are running the latest XBMC release .. recently a few of the T3CH builds had severe memory usage issues that I found crippled the Xbox when using MediaStream .. Also and my hat goes off to him use Paul's version that has been well optimised for Xbox usage .. I have 3 xboxes running at home all at 720p with the latest XBMC build and Paul's version of MediaStream running and have no memory issues at all.

D
JustMeD Wrote:I have 3 xboxes running at home all at 720p with the latest XBMC build and Paul's version of MediaStream running and have no memory issues at all.

YeAh I agree memory doesn't seem to be an issue at all with that skin although I didn't have any problems running the full ver. [XBOX 6.1]
~ Make hay while the sun shines ~ CHS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox lockup?0