xbox lockup?
JustMeD Wrote:Guys one thing to be sure of is that you are running the latest XBMC release .. recently a few of the T3CH builds had severe memory usage issues that I found crippled the Xbox when using MediaStream .. Also and my hat goes off to him use Paul's version that has been well optimised for Xbox usage .. I have 3 xboxes running at home all at 720p with the latest XBMC build and Paul's version of MediaStream running and have no memory issues at all.

D
Cool thanks for the kind remarks justMed it'd allways nice when members of team razorfish
recognise the work i do for the xbox community. when i find time i intend reworking mediastream both version 1 and minimalko's mod version when, once i finalise Auriga lite for xbox if the users let meLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Don't know if this applies to anyone else here but I'll say it in case it helps: If you're using the IR kit, unplug any xbox controllers.

I was having random lockups, found this thread, was about to switch back to PM3 to test and while on the info screen(s) getting my XBMC version and such, I remembered reading a thread quite a while ago (sorry no link and can't even find it by search right now Sad ) that suggested the controller and IR kit = lockups. I unplugged the controller and it looks like the lockup problem is gone.

For the record I was having lockups on XBMC v9 RC something or another and still on the latest T3ch build (9.04 r20848 6/1/09). My xbox is softmoded, I'm using MS Mod Lite (v2.0 wont work for me for some reason - something about incompatible and requires v2.0 skins, but no matter, mod lite is working nicely for me), I've changed the font to either Bigger or Massive iirc, and I typically have either 34 or 33mb free after a reboot.

My freeze was fairly reproducable (easiest way was to play music and then, while music plays, browse a pictures library. (all my content is on SMB shares) It wouldn't take too long to lock it up, but I could also lockup up by ff/rew a bunch in a movie. Sometimes it would lock up IN the ff/rew operation, sometimes somewhere thereafter)

Anyway, this might be of help to someone and I hope it is.

Oh and @paul - thanks for the work lightening the MS skin. Makes my xbox feel great and look even better. I like it so much I may not bother trying any of your other work
(ok, ok, I probably will, cuz I like new toys, but you get my drift Wink )

J.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox lockup?0